Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
sw0811
Star
Star

Hi,

I have been using my Arlo Baby on my two Alexa Show devices in my home and the connection will no longer work. I have tried many different things such as resetting devices on both ends, disabling the feature on my Alexa and then enabling, etc ... 

This used to work with no issues on my Alexa devices.

Please let me know if there is any way you could help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved after a recent server update. If you still experience this issue please contact Arlo Tech Support

View solution in original post

114 REPLIES 114
kll5086
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo Baby will randomly close During the night on Alexa Show 5. Some days it works fine and others it will shut off during the night which is very concerning with a newborn baby. And now it only works 5 seconds before closing the skill. This product does not offer a screen and we purchased with the understanding that it works with smart homes. We have had trouble with this product from the very beginning. I would never recommend it to anyone until this issue with the compatibility with smart homes is figured out.
myoder
Guide
Guide

I am having the exact same issue, and there are a lot of complaints on the Alexa skill app recently. Seems that someone at Arlo messed up the support for the Echo Show. Please fix this!

sw0811
Star
Star

It's very frustrating as I purchased this camera for the sole reason that it connected to Alexa's!! Hopefully someone from Arlo can give us some information.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @kll5086

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Black_Hawk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hey everyone,
I'm from Germany and I've got the same problems with Arlo Baby and the Echo System. The Echo 5 does only show some seconds or nothing, after displaying "waiting for Arlo" the Echo Show always says "buffering" and nothing more happens. I've 5 other arlo cams, everyone is working fine with Alexa, only the Arlo Baby doesn't work anymore!
Best regards and stay healthy

Frederik Feldmann
ncruz129
Tutor
Tutor

We are having the same issue (again). It worked for a few months but a few days ago it hasn't been working even after trying all the recommended things. It seems to connect for a split second then buffer until eternity. My ring cameras are working fine. We have had the arlo baby and echo show for about a year.  It happened a few months ago and started working after a software update but its back at it again! Phones are connecting without issues, it's just alexa having issues.

sw0811
Star
Star

Same EXACT. Baby Arlo works on my phone etc. Just not on Echo Show as it has done before. My ring cameras and everything else works on my echo, so I know that it is not my Echo Show.

DRebel
Tutor
Tutor

Hello. I’ve gone through the forums and seems like nothing really recent and so thought I would bring this up again. We have a couple of Amazon Echo Shows and for the first week the Arlo baby camera worked with it. Now, every time it connects to show the video, it drops within a few seconds after connecting back to the home screen. I can’t seem to get the image on the Echo to show the camera. I’ve reset everything. I’ve disconnected and reenabled everything on both the Arlo and Echo. Is this still a known thing and are there any tricks or updates forthcoming?

Patcheyfam
Guide
Guide
I can ask Alexa to show me any other of my cameras and it works totally fine. When I ask to see Arlo Baby it just says “Waiting for Arlo” then says “Buffering” and hangs there. The blurred picture o when it shows buffering is the still image of the camera the moment it gets opened up so I know the feed is there, just not sure why it’s stuck in buffering. I’ve rebooted everything wit no luck. I haven’t changed any settings from when it was working previously. Please help!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Patcheyfam,

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

ncruz129
Tutor
Tutor
Anyone have any updates on this?!? Arlo had me reset everything and nothing worked still. Haven’t heard anything from them after I updated the case.
R1C8
Tutor
Tutor
I reset my echo show and disabled/enabled the skill and it continues to say “waiting for Arlo” before going back to the home screen! I bought Arlo baby camera because it was Alexa compatible. I’m very frustrated!
sw0811
Star
Star

NOPE! I'm so upset that I spent money on this camera and it doesn't even work properly. I would have spent the money on another brand.

sw0811
Star
Star

...... and, I also have done all the resets as you have!!!!!

DRebel
Tutor
Tutor
I posted this similar question / issue earlier and all I got was the same canned response above, talk to support. I haven’t had any luck there and not sure why someone won’t respond to this forum. Arlo needs to step up its game, otherwise how can we trust them with our children.
myoder
Guide
Guide

Same here, I'm only getting canned responses from support. No indication that they are actually working on the issue. I'm really bummed out because having the monitor up on my Echo show was really useful while I'm working so my phone can be free for conference calls. Really disappointed by the lack of service from this company.

jhd121
Tutor
Tutor
Exact same issue. Anyone found a way to fix?
sw0811
Star
Star

NOPE 😞 And nobody from Arlo has addressed this issue. I have to have my cell phone constantly run all night with the video on now as prior I was using an Alexa Echo Show. It is very frustrating. 

highnoon619
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our Echo Show 5 will take one or two attempts before showing the Arlo in our nursery. If and when it does, it’ll only show the camera for 10 seconds before going back to the home screen.

How do I get it to show for an extended period of time (30 minutes or more)?

Please let me know. Thanks.
jhd121
Tutor
Tutor

I contacted Arlo support. They told me to contact Amazon support, and so I did. Amazon had me factory reset the Arlo Baby (again) and factory reset the Echo Show 8. Also reconnected the Arlo skill. After all that, it still behaved the same. The camera would come on for about 15 seconds and then turn off. At the end of it all, the Amazon rep advised me to buy a different camera... not super helpful. The Arlo Baby was rather expensive and I was relying on the Echo Show 8 as a monitor since it doesn't come with one.

sw0811
Star
Star

That is ridiculous! We have all done the resetting of both devices as well. Arlo should know that Amazon (Alexa) is not the issue. Mine also turns on for 15 seconds after the resets and then disappears. I hope that one day soon they actually decide to read these messages! Did Amazon recommend any other cameras that pair with the Alexas that don't have the same issues that Arlo has?

jhd121
Tutor
Tutor
I called Arlo support today. They told me there was nothing they could do and that I needed to contact Amazon Echo support. So I did. They had me factory reset the Arlo Baby and the Echo Show 8 and then set up everything from scratch. After doing so, it was the same as before. The Echo Show would connect (slowly) to the Arlo video stream and then turn off after about 15 seconds. Amazon support then suggested that I buy a different camera. While I appreciate that is probably an effective strategy, the Arlo Baby was expensive. I wish it was still compatible with the Echo Show.

Also, it seems like everyone on the forums started having this problem around the same time in early May. I wonder if there was an update to the Echo Show, the Arlo Baby or the Arlo Alexa still around that time?
jhd121
Tutor
Tutor
No. I’m sure that one of the Amazon brand cameras or Ring (owned by Amazon) would work but I like the features of the Arlo Baby. I was thinking about buying other Arlo devices but not so sure now if not compatible with my Echo device.
Autocreeper
Initiate
Initiate
We've been having the exact same problem for weeks now also. Worked well up until then. Other cameras work fine.