Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
stupidjerry79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would ask Alexa to display the baby cam on the Echo Show 5 or Echo Spot, but it will disconnect at times. Obviously this is a concern when we use this as our primary baby cam throughout the night. 

6 REPLIES 6
stupidjerry79
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would ask Alexa to display the baby cam on the Echo Show 5 or Echo Spot, but it will disconnect at times. Obviously this is a concern when we use this as our primary baby cam throughout the night. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi stupidjerry79,

How often does your live stream on your Echo Show 5 or Echo Spot disconnect? Have you tried removing the Arlo Alexa skill and re-adding it on to see if that helps?

stupidjerry79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everytime I use it for overnight baby monitoring, it shuts off sometime in the middle of the night. I have to resort to using my cell phone which will stay on all night unless someone logs in. I have not tried removing the skill and readding it yet

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

How long does the live stream go till it shuts off? You can view live streams from your Arlo camera for a maximum of 30 minutes. If you view a stream for longer than 30 minutes, the streaming will stop.

stupidjerry79
Aspirant
Aspirant

streaming for 30 minutes on a regular Arlo cam, or for the Baby Cam? The baby cam streams on my Echo devices for longer than 30 minutes before it disconnects, and all night on my phone. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This will be for all Arlo cameras and for any partner integrations. You can read more here: Why has the Arlo app stopped live streaming?