Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Atplay2
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo Baby, always turns off in the middle of the night on echo show and reverts back to home screen making this useless as a baby monitor since the audio shuts off.  I have tried calling customer support with Amazon and they say that there is nothing that can be done.    Can someone help?

27 REPLIES 27
Hurtswith2
Tutor
Tutor
I second this. There’s a reason the Arlo Alexa skill is so poorly rated, and it’s because it doesn’t work. We can debate whether or not this 30-minute feed timer is a good feature (it’s not), but we cannot debate whether or not the software live up to this “feature” (it doesn’t).

If I’m using the arlo app, it’ll let me stream the live feed for hours on end with no concern about bandwidth or battery power. Why should it be any different when viewed through Alexa.

Will likely be looking into returning my device as well.
Gdengler3
Initiate
Initiate
the selling point of this was I could walk into my rooms with alexa screens and put the monitor on the screen and not have to worry about carrying something else or taking a phone call etc on my phone where I can't see the app. How can it even be called a baby monitor? What do I need to do to return the camera? It was purchased before my baby was born, so it's been over 3 months since purchased, but only in use for the last month.
MRyanNYC
Star
Star
Agreed, this “solution” is not “expected behavior.” What we expect is that we turn it on and it stays on the Echo Show screen until we turn it off.

Is this 30 minute timeout an Arlo issue or an Alexa/Echo Show issue? If it can be changed on the Arlo end, why not just do it for the customers asking?