Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
davorka
Follower
Follower

So we are building a house for my grandparents and we need a doorbell system for them! We can't have a wired system (Nest Hello) and we need an automatic doorbell! We considered Ring (Which I have) but it's not automatic...

I was wondering if I can get the Arlo Audio Doorbell with the Arlo Camera system and hook it up to an Amazon Echo 5! Here's the "Rundown";

• Person Rings the Arlo Doorbell
  • Alexa Routine: Shows on the Echo 5 the cam footage from a cam located a the doorbell
  • Hassle Free System???

If someone can find if this can happen then please do!!!!

Thanks So Much!

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @davorka

I believe this article may be of assistance for you. How can I use my Arlo Doorbell with Amazon Alexa?

superbad
Tutor
Tutor
Actually the article you kindly mentioned won’t explain how to switch on the camera linked to doorbell. I tried but Arlo cameras are listed as “unsupported”...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@superbad

What is the issue you are experiencing, can you provide a bit more detail?

superbad
Tutor
Tutor
I want to create an Alexa routine which shows a specific Arlo camera upon Arlo doorbell is pressed. Unfortunately Arlo Cameras are listed as unsupported device n the section “Action”
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Jflowers
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?
superbad
Tutor
Tutor

Actually no. I tried to go to support center but live chat is not avialable and there is no forms to leave the request.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried this link here? Arlo Tech Support

superbad
Tutor
Tutor
Yes. But English page won’t allow me to login. I had to switch to Italian and then open a case (in English).