Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
iosman123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm a new owner of an Arlo 4 camera system. I read a lot of the posts made here before purchasing the system and based on what is out there right now decided taking the plunge on this system (even with all its shortfalls). I'll let it run for 10 days and then assess if I should return it or not. 

As many have complained in here, there is no integration with any Home Automation systems or IFTTT which is a real pain when you want to have the system record only when, for example, you are away from home. I understand that there are limited development resources and you can focus on so many areas, so I'm proposing an enhancement to the existing app:

1) Enable in the app an option to set the mode of the system based on your geolocation.

2) Enable in the app a configuration for "Vacation mode" (for dates from A to B set system to mode X)

I think this should help in bridging a lot of the "missing features" requests being made and should be fairly easy from an app standpoint (all internal code and no need to learn or code against another API).

As a sidenote, I guess it would be useful for everyone in here if Netgear could provide an estimated roadmap on what features are planned down the road, that way it doesn;t seem like all the feedback poured in here is useless.

thanks

iosman

1 REPLY 1
iosman123
Aspirant
Aspirant

@iosman123 wrote:

Hello,

I'm a new owner of an Arlo 4 camera system. I read a lot of the posts made here before purchasing the system and based on what is out there right now decided taking the plunge on this system (even with all its shortfalls). I'll let it run for 10 days and then assess if I should return it or not. 

As many have complained in here, there is no integration with any Home Automation systems or IFTTT which is a real pain when you want krogerfeedback to have the system record only when, for example, you are away from home. I understand talktosonic that there are limited development resources and you can focus on so many areas, so I'm proposing an enhancement to the existing app:

1) Enable in the app an option to set the mode of the system based on your geolocation.

2) Enable in the app a configuration for "Vacation mode" (for dates from A to B set system to mode X)

I think this should help in bridging a lot of the "missing features" requests being made and should be fairly easy from an app standpoint (all internal code and no need to learn or code against another API).

As a sidenote, I guess it would be useful for everyone in here if Netgear could provide an estimated roadmap on what features are planned down the road, that way it doesn;t seem like all the feedback poured in here is useless.

thanks

iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.