Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App for iOS

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Merman
Guide
Guide

I'm having a serious issue with the Arlo app on iPhone and iPad. (A search in the community didn't return my problem) My schedule enables all cams at 9 PM till 7 AM. (I'm splitting times around midnight) Several weeks ago a family member came into the home about 1:30am. I did not receive a notification on my phone. I had checked earlier (before midnight) and all cams were enabled. When I checked again at 1:30 all cams were disabled. I've tried a few things but it appears if I connect (LAST) to my iPhone or iPad the cams disable at midnight. There are many other issues with the Arlo app on my phone as well. (iPhone X) My friend has an older iPhone and says he does not have the issues I'm experiencing. I have no trust in the Arlo app on iOS and cannot figure out how to log directly into the Arlo web interface on my phone eliminating the Arlo app entirely. 

And what in the world do any of the available Labels (you have to pick one to save the post) have to do with my problem?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try logging out and back in to see if that helps. Reinstalling the app and rebooting the phone may help. I don't use iOS but I have similar issues with the Android app. I use a browser to get around this. You can use a mobile browser by going to https://arlo.netgear.com and then use the browser settings to use the desktop version of the site.

There's currently a coding issue with the default posting section which also gives you the silly labels.

Merman
Guide
Guide

I have rebooted and reinstalled with no success  When I try to force my phone to use the desktop webpage I get:

"Oops, You are not allowed to make this request. If this was a mistake, please contact Arlo Support"

How hard can it be? The iOS app used to work pretty good for me. 😞