Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dmrenfro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 Arlo cameras that have the Hardware ID of H7 (from the Arlo app settings for each camera) and my current base station is not compatible with HomeKit.  I would prefer not to upgrade my whole system yet and am wondering if I were to upgrade to one of the newer base stations that is compatible with HomeKit, will my existing H7 cameras work in HomeKit, or would I also need to upgrade to newer cameras?  Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dmrenfro wrote:
 but I’m still not sure if my older cameras will function in HomeKit if I were to upgrade the base station.

Unfortunately, they won't.

Note that camera model is missing from the "applies to" list in this article:

FWIW, in most cases Arlo calls your camera the "Arlo Wire-Free", though sometimes they refer to it as the "original Arlo".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
The H7 reference is a hardware revision not a model number.
To find the model of the camera you need to remove the rechargeable battery from the camera and look for the label inside the battery compartment which will start with VMC.

Look for the Base station model number under the unit for label starting with VMB.

The following article outlines the compatibility requirements.
https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-device-to-Apple-HomeKit
dmrenfro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply. The model number of the cameras from inside the battery compartment are VMC3030. The base station model number is VMB3010r2, which I know is not compatible with HomeKit. But, if I understand correctly, my current cameras will connect to a newer base station that is compatible with HomeKit, but I’m still not sure if my older cameras will function in HomeKit if I were to upgrade the base station.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dmrenfro wrote:
 but I’m still not sure if my older cameras will function in HomeKit if I were to upgrade the base station.

Unfortunately, they won't.

Note that camera model is missing from the "applies to" list in this article:

FWIW, in most cases Arlo calls your camera the "Arlo Wire-Free", though sometimes they refer to it as the "original Arlo".

dmrenfro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for confirming this.  Appreciate your time!