Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple Homekit set up

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
paulgrant
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my Arlo  Pro VBM400 set up on Homekit  for many years.  recently noted it was no longer working.   Tried resetting my base station and tried to set up Homekit.    Just get spinning wheel in the Homekit set up on the  Arlo App.     I have seen messages related  to a Token HomeKit  update  being  sent  to various hubs from support? 

How do  I  get my Arlo and Homekit connected?

Paul Grant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drewmack9, paulgrant

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Drewmack9
Aspirant
Aspirant
I need a HomeKit reset token. My HomeKit hasn’t worked for months and I’ve tried everything, including what’s on your forums.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drewmack9, paulgrant

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

paulgrant
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for this  follow up.  I have restarted the VRB4000r3 hub via removing power as well  as restarting from the iPhone Arlo App.    When  trying to set up homekit via the Arlo App  it still finds NO devices.

What else can be done?

Regards

Paul Grant

paulgrant
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not stew what happened but after about one hour I was able to set up the Homekit.    Thank you for your help.

Regards

Paul Grant

acmurf1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello can I please get a HomeKit token reset so I can connect to HomeKit? Currently my base station cannot be found during setup.

Thx

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

acmurf1,

JamesC

Ben_in_Chicago
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello! Could you send a token to my hub? I moved and am attempting to reconnect to HomeKit. Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ben_in_Chicago,

JamesC

Ben_in_Chicago
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James,
I misread your response and restarted my hub rather than powering it off first. It didn’t work after the restart and after powering off and coming back online, it is still stuck on that screen. Could you send me another code and I will power it down this time? Thank you
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ben_in_Chicago,

That shouldn't negatively impact your ability to integrate with HomeKit. It may take a few attempts to discover the device after receiving the token reset. Please let me know if you are still unable to setup.

JamesC

Ben_in_Chicago
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am good to go now - thank you very much!