Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit token reset -- stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait"

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mrdanielbarker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there. I'm trying to add my Arlo Ultra SmartHub VMB5000r4 (S/N 5GH18C7GA0574) to HomeKit but it's frozen on "Discovering your device. Please wait". Could you kindly send me a token for this hub to the email address associated with my login please? Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reset your HomeKit token, Please reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you

mrdanielbarker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Unfortunately this didn't work. Strangely, however, it worked on the other base station we have at home that wasn't experiencing problems previously -- the token appeared to disconnect the working one from HomeKit, but it did allow me to set it up again successfully. But it still doesn't allow me to connect the base station with the S/N in my original message with HomeKit -- it's still stuck on "Discovering your device". Is there anything else you can suggest, or would it be possible to send me a new token? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app v 4.7.1

If you do not see the update you can remove and re-install the app to force the update. 

I would suggest removing and re-installing while we troubleshoot this. I have reset your HomeKit token again, Please also reboot your Base Station or Smart Hub and try again.

Thank you 

mrdanielbarker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne, unfortunately it still doesn't work. I can confirm that I have the latest version of Arlo iOS v 4.7.1, and I have removed and reapplied power to the base station prior to attempting to connect to HomeKit. Is there anything else we can try? It was working up until a week or so ago. Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try removing and re-installing the Arlo app, if you haven't already during the last Token reset?