Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have VMB5000r4 and when I click Apple HomeKit no devices get discovered.

i have 5 Cameras and they are working correctly.

both Arlo app and home are running on iPad Air 3 and latest software.

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Chrisk2,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I rebooted both the Apple TV and Arlo base by removing power.  I went to setting, selected the device / ultra base station and then HomeKit.

no change just looks for devices and times out.  I was under the impression th existing cameras are supposed to be mapped to rooms in homekit.

how do I connect my existing 5 ultra cameras to HomeKit?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

drewbombard
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem, just a plain white screen.

System: Arlo Pro 2 Base station with 2 cameras.

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Firmware: Up-to-date ( I just checked before posting this)

iOS Systems tested: iOS 12, iOS 13, and even on the iOS 14 beta -- same results

I used to have these hooked up months ago, but had to reset my HomeKit settings for some reason or another, and now no matter what... it's just stuck "Discovering your device..." and nothing happens.  It says to be close to the camera, but I assume they mean the base station?!?  Regardless, I've held the phone literally inches away from both for a long, long, long time and nothing happens.   Just the same white screen.

I've also reset my password thinking maybe that would help.  I wasn't holding out hope (spoiler alert... it didn't).

I've also restarted the arlo system / base station and my cameras both (I have 2) have at least 60% charge on each of them if not more.  

I looked on the bottom of the base station for a QR code of some sort for HomeKit, but there was nothing there.  I don't recall if HomeKit was an option when I bought them originally, I think that came with a later update.  Regardless, there was no QR code to scan.

Chrisk2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hope it works for you, it did not work for me.  So the answer is to call and wait on hold with support.  Every time you speak to them the answer is to reset your system and start configuring from scratch.