Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit stuck at "Discovering your device. Please wait."

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Silentbob101
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to add my cameras/ Base station to home kit I get stuck at the "Discovering your device page" no devices are ever found 

7 REPLIES 7
jarrodj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need some help please... I am trying to connect my Arlo base station to Apple Homekit.

Model is VMB4000r3 with firmware 1.16.6.2_3890...

I have followed the instruction of other poss, restarted the base station and updated the iOS app but doesnt get past "Discovering your device" message.

Others have been solved with a token reset... could I please request?

Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Silentbob101 and jarrodj,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online. Then make sure that you have the latest version of the Arlo iOS app and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

jarrodj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Jessica.

I am still experiencing the same issue however.

I have both restarted and unplugged the device but still cant get past Discovering your device, please wait...

Is there somehting I can do to troubleshoot please?

Silentbob101
Tutor
Tutor

Yea... this didn't work for me either... Factory reset the bridge and still nothing.

Hope this is resolved with an update in the future. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you both via private message to gather more information from you both.

Jdh4152
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the same problem. I had the cameras added to HomeKit once, but they went unresponsive one day and never came back. I removed them from HomeKit and now when trying to add them again I am stuck at this discovery message.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jdh4152

I have reset your HomeKit token, please reboot your base station and try again.