Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit stuck at "Discovering your device. Please wait."

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
aarondy90
Tutor
Tutor
I am having this same issue! No one will reset my device for me. I have been waiting for an Arlo rep for days...
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi aarondy90,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

aarondy90
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you that worked to make it discoverable by HomeKit but I still can’t add it to HomeKit. It keeps saying unable to add accessory. This is so frustrating. Also, why can’t the live chat people reset these tokens? It would save so much time and headache. I really wish that these cameras would work reliably for how much money I spent on them.
Inkblot007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please send me a new token? I can’t access HomeKit either on my VMB4000
aarondy90
Tutor
Tutor
It just kept saying unable to add device to HomeKit. I restarted my base station and now it’s not discovering HomeKit again. This is so frustrating. Is someone able to phone me?
Mvanwinkle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had my cameras linked to home kit for a while and they stopped working in home kit. When I try to reconnect the hub through the arlo app it will not find the device.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

As detailed in other posts, I once was able to connect to HomeKit, and had to restore. Since then attempts to reconnect to HomeKit end up with a "Discovering your device..." blank screen. I understand that the problem can be solved by a reset token sent to the base station, but how do I request one?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Inkblot007, Mvanwinkle, bartimaeus2001,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

Hey aarondy90,

I've sent a token request to your base station again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

sharkkb8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also unable to add Arlo to HomeKit, hanging on "discovering your device".  May I please have "token resets" (whatever they are) for my two base stations?

sharkkb8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got a response, but it was to a question about using a ladder to install. Could I get a response to my question, and perhaps the “token resets” mentioned to all previous?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi sharkkb8,

Gfayez76
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to add my new ultra 2 base station to HomeKit I get the message that I can’t add it because it’s uncertified accessory, any help with that issue

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Gfayez76,

Gfayez76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, it works now 

Inkblot007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will you please send a new token to mine again? I was able to connect for one day after the last reset. I had to remove Arlo from HomeKit again and now I can’t add it back. Arlo shows “discovering devices” but it just sits there.
brabo72
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought a 4 pack of Arlo Ultra. I can't get the App to find the devices, it just never finds any of the devices "Discovering your device. Please Wait". I'm very disappointed to have spent so much money on a product described as Homekit compatible. Rebooted a dozen times, uninstalled and reinstalled, and yet I can't get Homekit to connect. I've even put all the camera literal 2 inches away from the hub far away from anything that can interfere with the signal. Really sad I purchased the product.

leimema
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I'm suffering the same issue. What information do you need to send a new token?

Thx.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Inkblot007, brabo72 and leimema,

MK_Flight
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Can you send me the token also ?

My Base station can't work with homkit - i removed it from homekit but now it is stuck in 'wait...decting your .." in the app..

My station is: VMB4000r3  - firmware 1.16.4.3_3739_fbb05d3

Tx!

brabo72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you send me a new token too? This seems to be a product issue. One for Twitter. I contacted the support with this issue and they never got back to me. Not a good service, let's hope the new Verisure service isn't so poor. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MK_Flight,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

Hi brabo72,

I have already sent you a token reset request yesterday to your base station which should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

MK_Flight
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Jessica,

It works perfectly again! Big Tx! Can I do something to prevent this from happening or is this a server based thingy?
Maybe a quick other question 😜...i have bought a arlo doorbel aad1001... can this also work with homekit or not? (Homepod sound)

Grtz

Mk
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey MK_Flight,

The Arlo Audio Doorbell (AAD1001) does not work with Apple HomeKit. You can see the full list of Arlo products that will work with Apple HomeKit: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Paczada
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cannot add to Homekit because the app never gets past the “Discovering your device” screen.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Paczada,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit