Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi vdiatlovich,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

CattleDog7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am stuck at discovering devices as well.  Can you reset my token as well?

Thank you!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi CattleDog7,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

CattleDog7
Aspirant
Aspirant

It didn’t help in my case, but I did figure it out thanks to a poster in the middle of this thread. 

My base station was plugged directly into my fiber modem. It started working when I moved it to my wireless router. 

Meik360
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please send a token reset. Jessica—You’ve done this several times every several months over the last year or two and eventually the HomeKit integration ceases to work without a token reset, re-discovery of the hub, and add new automation. Is there a permanent fix for this problem?

Brian_N
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I am having trouble adding my Base station to Apple Homekit. It is stuck on the spinning wheel when trying to discover devices. I have two Base stations in my home to get better coverage for the cameras that are further away. This Base station is the one covering the further away cameras. I was able to add my other Base station which is a VMB4500 with no problem at all. Please help.

Thanks

Brian_N
Aspirant
Aspirant
I figured it out. I had to remove the base from the Arlo app and reinstall it. Then I added the cameras that were associated with this base back to it. Then it showed up for HomeKit with no problem.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Meik360,

netuca
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue, please help!

VMB4000r3

SN:4RC38B7AA0086

Twistedfab
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hone kit use to work and now it does not anymore. Tried uninstalling app, reset camera, WiFi, base station etc.

Can you send a reset token to my base station please.

Thanks
lyux
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same as the other users, I removed the bridge from Homekit and can't seem able to add it back. Please assist.

GSteward
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good evening!

Same HomeKit discovery issue as others have posted. Please sent a token reset to my base unit.

Thank you very much!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi netuca, Twistedfab, lyux, GSteward,

GSteward
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning Jessica!

That worked perfectly! Thank you for the quick response, I appreciate it!

Have a GREAT day!

Jjayce
Tutor
Tutor

Unable to add device to HomeKit can I also get a token reset there should be a way to just get it done without needing to ask here in forum maybe future update

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jjayce,

lyux
Aspirant
Aspirant

It works now, thanks. 

joelt999
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had 4 cameras running off a single VMB5000 base station for many months on Homekit with no issues.  I just added a 2nd VMB5000 Base Station and moved two of the cameras to the 2nd Base.  All is working fine in the Arlo app, and OldBase is still connected to Homekit and working fine, but when I try to add NewBase to Homekit as well it gets stuck on "Connecting to Bridge" and it never completes the setup.

I have seen elsewhere on these forums that you may need to send me a "token"?

Pacalon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same issue with my base station and HomeKit. Can I also have a token reset?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi joelt999 and Pacalon,

mguida
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue if Arlo removed from HomeKit. Can I get a token reset?
jaydrums
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am trying to connect my Arlo base station VMB4000r3 with firmware 1.16.5.7_3823_a530306 to Apple Homekit. I have restarted the base station numerous times, and after hitting the Set up HomeKit button, it gets stuck on "Discovering your device. please wait.” Please help, thanks in advance!
Paul_T
Aspirant
Aspirant
Again…token please…and a permanent fix maybe???
staring07
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

Same issue here, please send reset token.

Jjayce
Tutor
Tutor

issue is happening again I lost access to cameras on HomeKit and tried to follow instructions on site and I am unable to pair with HomeKit again. is there a reason for the cameras not responding in HomeKit?  is there a fix.