Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
MysticalMule
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason my HomeKit integration disappeared. I’ve been spinning my wheels rebooting, resetting everything and reinstalling everything with no luck. Sounds like I need a new token sent to my device. Can someone here help me?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DvxAznxvb, MysticalMule,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi thank you for the assistance with the base station but now i need assistance with resetting my arlo ultra; would there be a token sent to the camera too? I still can’t get it to sync with my vmb5000
David_2021
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jessica,

I’m having the same issue again. Could you please send another reset token?

Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi David_2021,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

DvxAznxvb,

If you're having problems syncing your camera to your SmartHub, read this article to learn how to troubleshoot: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

If you're still having issues after troubleshooting, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

CloBru
Aspirant
Aspirant

My BaseStation stoped working through Homekit a few moths ago.

Have not been able to reconnect since.

Model: VMB4000r3

Firmware; 1.16.5.7_3823_a530306

iPhone 12pro on iOS 14.5.1

Discovery is not detecting the BaseStation.

Any help would be appreciated. 
I see a lot of similar posts talking about Token Reset.

Not sure how to get one.

Thanks.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi CloBru,

Alestad
Tutor
Tutor
Can’t add by base station to HomeKit. Have rebooted/reset three times but still get ‘uncertified accessory’
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Alestad,

Pat92
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Vmb5000r6 base station with Arlo Ultra v2 camera (4).
I’m getting an unauthorized message when I try to add my base station to HomeKit from HomeKit menu and when I try to do it from Arlo app it stick on « connecting… » and nothing happen
CloBru
Aspirant
Aspirant
It worked with a token reset.
Thank you JessicaP!!
jmarbutt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this same issue with VMB4000r3

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi jmarbutt,

Rocky0608
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I would like to get a rest token as well.
smarque1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Trying to add this to my Apple Homekit setup but the IOS Arlo App hangs on Connecting to Bridge after I scan the QR code.   Restarting unit does not help.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Sam

GhastlyDragon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there, I'd also like to get a token reset please!

RSM-CAD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having similar issues as this post. Could you provide a reset token for my hub as well? Thx.

IsildursHeir21
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello JessicaP,

I’ve tried all day to get my ultra cameras connected to HomeKit through my vmb5000. It seems I need a token reset; are you able to do this?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Rocky0708, GhastlyDragon, RSM-CAD, IsildursHeir21, Pat92, smarque1,

SoFarAway
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset too? I had my base station connected and showing in HomeKit but now it's gone and won't recognize it anymore. I go in the App to the HomeKit > Home > Room > but then I can't add my cameras to the room, there's no "continue" or "Add" button on the screen? 😞

jebreds
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

Please could you send a token reset to my base station.

Thanks.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi SoFarAway, jebreds,

SoFarAway
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base firmware 1.16.5.7, My cameras are registered in the App ok, and I can see them via app or online. But unable to add them or the base station to Apple Homekit.  The first 7 steps are fine, when I get to step 8, there is button or link or menu to click to "Continue to add devices to homekit"

To setup an Arlo camera without a setup code:

1. Launch the Arlo app on your Apple device.
  2. Tap Settings > My Devices.
  3. Select an Arlo base station.
  4. Tap HomeKit.
  5. Select the base station you want to add to HomeKit.
  6. Select a Home or tap Add New Home.
    If you don’t have a Home set up in the Arlo app, you are directed to create a Home.
  7. Select a Room or tap Add a New Room.
    If you don’t have a Room set up in the Arlo app, you are directed to create a Room.
  8. Tap Continue to add devices to HomeKit to add cameras or additional base stations.

Does the base station need to get added to homekit to get the cameras to show up in the Home App? Or do the cameras need to get added to the Home app separately? There is no "HomeKit setup code on your base station"

If I go into my camera (fw 1.090.26.4) there is no method/menu/option to add them to a room?

But thank you for resetting the token.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest for you to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Parkerk
Initiate
Initiate
I have two Arlo baby’s that are no longer working with HomeKit. I have removed them from HomeKit and I am stuck at discovery on both. Can a reset token be sent for both my devices? Thanks.