Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Casaflyr,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you.

Hi Flerric,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

David_2021
Aspirant
Aspirant

App is stuck at “discovering your device. Please wait” while trying to setup HomeKit.

Please send reset token.

Model - VMB4000

Firmware - 1.16.5.0

IOS 14.4

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi David_2021,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

luigijj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there,
I’m having exactly the same issue regarding my HomeKit integration.
At first it was working fine but since several months it is stuck on “searching for a device. Please wait.”
May you help me to solve the problem?

Thank you
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi luigijj,

Jetbootjack
Tutor
Tutor

My HomeKit integration has been working for around a year, no problem.

Then yesterday all cameras stopped responding in HomeKit, fine in the Arlo app, just not HomeKit. I fiddled, rebooted etc, nothing, no video.

So as a last resort I removed the Arlo hub from my HomeKit home, went to add it again and I am stuck with the endless discovering problem!

sTeVE

Beauseph
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I try to connect to homelit with my VMB4000r3 base station I get an error “uncertified accessory”.

I’ve seen similar posts where a rep sends a new “token”. Was wondering if someone could help me out.

Thank you
Epor
Tutor
Tutor
I too was having issues and removed my hub from homekit only to not be able to add it back. Could I also get a token reset? Thank you.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jetbootjack, Epor, Beauseph,

Jetbootjack
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JessicaP, that worked a treat!

sTeVE

Sebaszs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! I’m having the same issue, would love to get a reset token if possible.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Sebaszs,

mbphx
Guide
Guide
I also need a token reset. I am stuck with Arlo app not discovering devices.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mbphx,

Kayfabe1999
Aspirant
Aspirant
Brand new Arlo Ultra will not connect to HomeKit
tgabtg
Guide
Guide
I’ve been trying to get this to work for several days. Can someone from Arlo reset my token or whatever is necessary to get this working again?

Thanks so much
aarondy90
Tutor
Tutor
Can you please reset mine again? HomeKit only works for a few days and then the cameras say no response. I have to delete them and re add them again. But every time I do I need you to send a new token request. Any chance this will stop being a problem? This is so frustrating.
formsguy
Tutor
Tutor
Need a token reset too. Stuck in discovering your device screen.
trying to connect to HomeKit. I was once connected but after some issues I tried to reconnect and cannot. I’ve read others having this same issue and you would send them a token reset to the base and it would solve the issue.
Branmac
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had homekit set up on my Arlo Pro camera before and now it will not get past the “discovering your device, please wait” screen.
jj104
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apparently, I'm having the same issue.  Could you please send the same reset request to my device.  Thanks.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kayfabe1999, tgabtg, aarondy90, formsguy, Branmac, jj104,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power) allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

DoraAzuli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also unable to pair my camera 1 camera to the hub, would the reset token help my case?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DoraAzuli,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power) allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Roslan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I hit the same issue ie stuck at discovering device. Would you be able to send a reset token to mine too?

Thanks
Bgaskins12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can the arlo pro 2 even get HomeKit support? If so , do I have to totally reset my entire system?