Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
DebugNull
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a long email from support, with the following key tip: "Probable Cause Can Be Due To IOS Devices Not Connected To The Same Network As The Smart Hub During Discovery"

My devices were connected as follows:

Cable Modem<---ethernet--->WiFi Router<---wifi--->HomeKit hub (AppleTV)

Cable Modem<---ethernet--->Arlo Basestation

Luckily my WiFi Router allows an ethernet connection as well. I powered down the Arlo Basestation, disconnected it from the Cable Model and connected it to the WiFi Router:

Cable Modem<---ethernet--->WiFi Router<---wifi--->HomeKit hub (AppleTV)

Cable Modem<---ethernet--->WiFi Router<---ethernet--->Arlo Basestation

I was then able to add my cameras to HomeKit.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JaNeilJohan,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

Hey DebugNull,

Glad to hear that the support team was able to help and everything is working now 🙂

Gast0n
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I’m having the same issue with my VMB4500 homebase after removing HomeKit. It’s stuck on Discovering your device. Can you please send a reset token!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Gast0n,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

Kingsvillains
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base is not discoverable when trying to connect to HomeKit.
I was was previously connected but it now gets stuck on the “Discovering devices, please wait” page...
I’ve read others having this same issue and they have had a reset token sent to the base and it solves the issue.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kingsvillains,

Kingsvillains
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @JessicaP, could please try sending another token. No luck that time. Thanks
Helifriz
Aspirant
Aspirant
My base is not discoverable when trying to connect to HomeKit.
I was once connected but after some issues I tried to reconnect and cannot.
I’ve read others having this same issue and they have had a reset token sent to the base and it solves the issue.
DwightBandy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've read through other issues regarding this and it seems, on the surface, to be the same problem.

Possibly needs to have a token sent to my Base Station as I cannot get beyond the discovering device stage when I set up HomeKit.

Thanks.

Wahahaha
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, same here can’t connect to HomeKit, always stuck on Discovering page. Please help. Thanks
Jotaele
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a problem connect Arlo Base to Homekit, within Arlo App. Message appear “Uncertified Accessory”
Kingsvillains
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Wahahaha I actually got mine working in the end by removing the Bas Station and re-adding to Arlo + Cameras. Hopefully don’t have to do that every time it loses the HomeKit connection...
DanArlo2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica, please send a reset token to my base station so that I can read the base back to my HomeKit hub.
Bartl0000
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you send me a reset token request? Thanks
monteman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having an issue adding my Arlo Pro 2 to HomeKit. I've reset my base station, cameras & router. All firmware is up to date and all cameras are functioning correctly. When I try to setup HomeKit the app just keeps searching for a device and never finds anything. I've read on this forum that others have had this same issue and a HomeKit token reset solved their problems. I'm hoping this solution will solve mine as well. Thank you.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Helifriz, DwightBandy, Jotaele, DanArlo2, Bartl0000, monteman,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Hi Wahahaha,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Paul_T
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need a new token please. Connect pair to HomeKit 

Gibledan17
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I please have a token reset for my base station too? I have the same problem with my HomeKit!
monteman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much. The token reset fixed my problem.
Helifriz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Thank you. Problem solved. HomeKit is working as expected
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Paul_T and Gibledan17,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Gibledan17
Aspirant
Aspirant
Awesome! That worked! But during setup, I set the names for each camera but it keeps resetting randomly. I then tried to move the cameras in the home app and rename them, but they too get reverted after a couple minutes... how can I get help with that?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team for them to assist you further with that. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Carmct
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I get a token reset also. I can not setup HomeKit from arlo. Says finding devices and it is stuck.
ChrisWods
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica.

I experience the same issue as above, that I cannot fird my cameraes in Homekit.

Can you please send me a token as well.

Thank you in advance

regards

Christian