Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
pk-mav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Jessica,

Could you please send a reset token to my device. Thank you,

TimFT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! I’m having the same problem, how can I get a “reset token” sent?
Thanks.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi pk-mav and TimFT,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

Jam10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone knows how to set up homekit. Used to work but now stuck on discovering device please wait.
Thanks
Roslan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue now. It was working fine suddenly the base station was not connecting to homekit. When i tried setting it up again this same thing happenned. Can anyone from Arlo help? Thanks

pk-mav
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JessicaP. Thank you. It’s working now.
TimFT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jam10 and Roslan,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

Roslan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Flo11
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there, I can’t reconnect HomeKit (stuck in please wait) and would also need a reset token sent to my base station please. Thanks!
amyglen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

I have the same issue as others have mentioned here. Could you please send a token reset request to my base station?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Flo11 and amyglen,

MNGirl
Tutor
Tutor
Need a token reset as well. Can you please send one for me?
DebugNull
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to connect my VMB4000 Arlo Pro Base Station to HomeKit. I follow the steps for setting it up without a HomeKit code on the base station. The iOS Arlo app gets stuck in the "Discovering your device. Please wait." step. There are no available updates for my base station or cameras.

I see something about a token reset being sent by Arlo support team and that appears to work for people. I would appreciate it if someone in the Arlo support team sends my base station a token reset. Thanks!

amyglen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica. But it didn't work for me. I have 2 Arlo base stations currently active. Possibly you sent the token reset request to the wrong older one. Could you try sending again to my (newer) Arlo Pro base station (VMB4000)? Thanks.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MNGirl and DebugNull,

Hi amyglen,

I've sent a token request to your base station (VMB4000) again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

DebugNull
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks JessicaP, but it still does not work. I removed and reapplied power like you suggested, but the iOS Arlo app still gets stuck at "Discovering your device. Please wait."

My hub has a mix of Arlo cameras connected to it: 2 original cameras without rechargeable batteries (camera hardware is listed as H7) and 3 rechargeable cameras that came with my Arlo Pro Base Station (camera hardware is listed as H8).

Will the above mix of Arlo cameras prevent the hub from being added to HomeKit? Thanks.

DebugNull
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have opened a case about this. Will update here if the issue gets resolved.

kurt316
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica!

Same issue. Could I please get a token request sent to my base station?

Thanks much

BeartrapLV
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am trying to pair my Arlo to my HomeKit as for some reason it got disconnected. I am stuck discovering devices and would appreciate a token request being sent to my station. Thank you.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey DebugNull,

I want to let you know that the Arlo Pro, Pro 2, Pro 3, Pro 3 Floodlight Camera. Pro 4, Ultra, Ultra 2 and Essential Video Doorbell (wired) are compatible with Apple HomeKit along with the Arlo Base Station or SmartHub (VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000). You can read more about this here: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

However I did send a token request to your Arlo Pro Base Station again. If you still have problems, I would suggest to wait on the support team's response to see if they can assist you further.

Hi kurt316 and BeartrapLV,

kurt316
Aspirant
Aspirant
Worked like a charm - thanks very much Jessica!
Nheuberger
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please resend the HomeKit token to my base station as well
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Nheuberger,

JaNeiJohan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica!
Same issue. Could I please get a token request sent to my base station?

Thanks 🙂