Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Fandy,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station on Nov 30 (see from the attached link): Apple HomeKit stuck at "Discovering your device. Please wait.". However, I've sent a token request to your base station again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Hi Fuggles,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Wawadudu8379
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,

I have the same issue. I attempt to add Homekit via the Arlo app and it is just stuck on the discovering device screen indefinitely. Reset base station several times and issue persists.

Would you also be able to sent me a new token reset request to my base station as well? Thank you!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Wawadudu8379,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Scoike
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @JessicaP I’m hoping you can reset my base station as well. My Arlo cameras began not responding I’m HomeKit today and now I am unable to add the base station again as I am stuck getting “discovering your device” message. Thanks!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Scoike,

aerys
Aspirant
Aspirant

On firmware 1.16.3.4

Trying to setup Homekit, but getting nowhere.

Most of the time it is stuck in Discovery mode.

Tried turning off and on the base station with no luck.

I contacted Arlo support and a guy named “Neil” told me to reset my base station and resynch/pair my devices just to get Honmekit running,

Imagine the inconvenience it would cause!

Hope there is a solution to this. I had Homekit running many months back but suddenly disappeared. Not sure was it because of Apple or A

Monster_br
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi how can I get a token reset for my base? I cannot connect my homekit because it does not show up and apparently the solution is to get this token reset but not sure how. Thank you
Meik360
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please send a token reset. Is there a self service for this? Every few months my HomeKit automation would stop working and I need to reset and setup again for it to function.
Wawadudu8379
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much Jessica p! That worked beautifully!

As someone has asked here, how do we self-service in the future with this token reset method you’re doing? Or is this only possible by resetting the entire unit?

Thanks!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Monster_br and Meik360,

Hi Wawadudu8379,

There is no self-service to send yourself a token request. If you will need one, you will need to contact the Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

AlexLara
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi AlexaLara,

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi aerys,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station which will hopefully resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

jjcheramie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I get a token reset for my unit.

Thanks,

Jami

astrog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi kind @JessicaP 

Would you be able to send a reset token to my base station as well? I am also stuck at "discovering devices" stage.

Thank you

- Anton

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi jjcheramie and astrog,

monstiehazel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I have a token sent to my hub?  I have the same issue and a hard reset does not work.

VMB4540r2

1.16.3.4_707_c289687

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi monstiehazel,

pjmakela
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I have same issue, base station used to work great with Homekit. Then some update came and it stopped working almost year ago. I have waited new update to fix the issue but now seeing forums, it must also be this token issue...

Could you please reset that? Do you need some more info from me?

Thank you & Best regards,

PM

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi pjmakela,

pjmakela
Tutor
Tutor

Great, thank you. It worked.

would be great to have token reset in app,  seems to be relatively common issue.

50ShadesofRay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I’m having the same issue as the other users on this thread. Can you send me a reset token too please?

monstiehazel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you resend the token? I performed a hard reset and it still isn’t working. I may have performed this as the original token was being resent.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi 50ShadesofRay and monstiehazel,

50ShadesofRay
Aspirant
Aspirant