Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alexa interface

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dccsb007
Guide
Guide

I can no longer control Arlo with Alexa. Arlo responds as if it is successful in the command but Arlo itself does not respond. This was working on the 9th and appears there was an update pushed on 6/10. I have removed and added cameras to Arlo and disable/reabled the skill but no change. I have also rebooted the Arlo hub. Anyone experiencing issues?

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @dccsb007

'

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

dccsb007
Guide
Guide

Someone reached out to me from a non reply email address and the link inside the email to respond does not work... wonderful.

"There was an error processing your request. Please contact with Arlo Support"

I cannot update support with info requested for my case.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@dccsb007

Please call support and provide the following case number for reference: 41773157

Arlo Tech Support

dccsb007
Guide
Guide

So called in yesterday and after an extended time waiting for my call to be answered a tech came on and asked me multiple questions. She then put me on hold for about 10 minutes then came back and asked some additional questions/clarifications. She then asked if she could call me back in  a "few" minutes. It has now been 1140+ minutes so I assume I am not going to receive a callback.

So trying to get help on an issue I have reached out via email and got replies from non-reply addresses. I tried to respond via the link in one of the messages and get a system error. I spend an hour on the phone trying to get some help and essentially the tech (who evidently just needs to get off the phone) ultimately just ignores my issue.

STELLAR SUPPORT GUYS!!

Lots of companies are going under given the current challenges. Your lack of support after the sale will not help your company survive. Instead of focusing on releasing yet another new flavor of a camera or trying to up sell me on a subscription service (why would I give you anymore of my money), why don't you start supporting your current customer base and look at the community boards and address functions/issues being requested by your customers since we are the ones that have kept you in business up to this point. You have a lot of unhappy customers out there which you can see by just reviewing the boards.

Allthe7s
Initiate
Initiate

Actually 3010r2 but can't select that..

5 cameras attached and normally working well

Anyway what I have recently discovered this week is the "arm" and "disarm" commands are now ignored if the base unit is set in Scheduled mode?

This issue was logged 12 months ago in a now closed thread headed 'Arlo does not respond to IFTTT when in "Schedule" mode' after which I presume it was resolved, as its certainly been OK for me until this week.

Issue seems to have been reintroduced with a recent firmware update I guess?