Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alarm triggered through SmartThings sounds for only 30 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloUser001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Referring to previous thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Partner-Integrations/Arlo-Pro-2-Base-Station-Siren-VMB4500-not-appeari...

Now that Arlo basestation is integrated with SmartThings, there is a new issue when Arlo is forced to initiate siren using SmartThings, the alarm only lasts 30 seconds long compared to when siren is initiated through the Arlo app. 

This appears to be an integration problem between SmartThings and Arlo as other non-Arlo sirens that are triggered at the same time will remaining on until disarmed.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ArloUser001,

If you're having problems where the siren is only lasting for 30 seconds, you can try removing your devices from Samsung SmartThings and re-adding it back.

Or you can try contacting the support team from Samsung SmartThings to help you out, which you can find on this thread: New SmartThings Schema Integration for Arlo

UPDATE (8/11): The 30 seconds timer is by design. The development team will look at a more configurable setting in the future.

reyesfagan
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JessicaP wrote:

Hi ArloUser001,

png to ico

If you're having problems where the siren is only lasting for 30 seconds, you can try removing your devices from Samsung SmartThings and re-adding it back.

Or you can try contacting the support team from Samsung SmartThings to help you out, which you can find on this thread: New SmartThings Schema Integration for Arlo

Thanks a lot man!!! Because of your help, I was able to complete my work. Great thanks to you.

ArloUser001
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, thanks for response. I look forward to a solution to this since a 30 second siren is not very long nor a deterrent. I will keep a look out for a future update