Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kendonb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo advertises compatibility with the Amazon Echo Show, yet there is a 60 second delay in the feed. No one would consider this "compatible" for a live camera feed.

There are other posts from 2017 and 2019 about this.

It's nearly instantaneous on my Android phone.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

kendonb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called Arlo Support. Guy was really nice. The Echo Show works through cloud streaming, rather than the local streaming that's available through the Android App.

They had me check my internet (which was good) and said the delay should be 5-10 seconds if everything is working properly. I checked after the call and was getting 10 seconds on a computer but my Echo Show wasn't even successfully connecting. 10 seconds is acceptable but still not great. If Zoom can get cloud video streaming almost instantaneous why can't Arlo?

kendonb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't see why they don't put in the effort to enable local streaming for all devices. That would solve this issue.