Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 29 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

As with most electronic devices there are occasions where the device firmware needs to be updated to implement enhancements and bug fixes. We strongly recommend setting your Arlo Smart Home Security system to do "automatic updates" so you will receive the most current firmware as soon as it is released.

If your system is not at the most current firmware (FW) version the power LED on the base station will blink continuously letting you know there is an update available. You should also be prompted to update the firmware upon login to your Arlo account. Please follow the prompts to update the firmware.

To enable automatic updates simply follow the steps below:

1. Log into your Arlo account at https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login
  2. Click/tap on Settings
  3. Click/tap on Base Station Settings
  4. Toggle the "Auto Update FW" setting so the green slider is showing (as shown below)auto-update FW.JPG
  5. Click/tap Save

Base station firmware version = 1.3.2078

Camera firmware version = 1.1.2074 found under Camera Settings (under pan and Zoom)

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
18 REPLIES 18
NerdGlasses
Star
Star

Hi! What about the cameras themselves? Will there be firmware updates for the cameras ever? If so, how can we enable auto-updating for the cameras? Otherwise how do we update them manually?

IllinoisPete
Tutor
Tutor

Is there an official Netgear/Arlo location to go to see what the latest firmware version are for the camera's & Base station's?

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning IllinoisPete,

The current base station firmware is 1.3.2078 with an update coming soon. The cameras should now be at firmware version 1.2.2222 after Friday's firmware release. Release notes will be posted in the announcement section of the community shortly.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in updating your cameras with the latest firmware. If the batteries are reporting at a critical level you may need to power cycle the camera and/or replace the batteries.

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
ArloFrons
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Christine,

I setup my Arlo today and it appears my FW is: 1.2.1728 I have set the base station to auto-update FW but it doesn't seem to be finding "1.3.2078" (newest FW). The base station Is not blinking to reflect a needed update either.
My camera SW is at 1.1.1733 but a recent post mentioned the newest cam FW is 1.1.2074. I tried opening the battery door as mentioned in the forum but the SW version did not change (update).

Please advise.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Christine,

Just received my Arlo system yeserday, and like ArloFrons, my camera software is at 1.1.1733 for both cameras. I recycled power on them a couple of times with no luck. The base station software is at 1.3.2261, which appears to be newer than your Feb. 2nd post.

Edit: In addition, the motion detection test doesn't appear to activate the LED.

Thanks

stevetalamantes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I setup my Arlo today and it appears my FW is: 1.2.1728 I have set the base station to auto-update FW but it doesn't seem to be finding "1.3.2078" (newest FW). The base station Is not blinking to reflect a needed update either.
My camera SW is at 1.1.1733 but a recent post mentioned the newest cam FW is 1.1.2074. I tried opening the battery door as mentioned in the forum but the SW version did not change (update).

Please advise.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Try turning off auto-firmware updates and then immediately reboot the base station (from the UI, not the physical reset button on the base station itself). That triggered my base station to fetch the newest update. The cameras followed suit in getting updated right after the base station completed its update.

DavidLaw
Initiate
Initiate

As in other posts I setup my Arlo today and my Firmaw is: 1.2.1728 My base station was set to auto-update FW but it doesn't seem to be finding "1.3.2078" (newest FW). The base station Is not blinking to reflect a needed update either.

Please advise.

PhilipOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Ive got a simular issue with only being able to access firmware 1.2.1728 even with the auto update turned on. Ive done the remove camera battaries , but still no joy.

Any luck with a answer ?

thanks

Philip

PhilipOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi have addesd the camers blinks 'blue than amber'

Any one can help me 

Thanks

Philip

sjoegarrett
Tutor
Tutor

I believe that you are either to far from base station or the camera needs to be re-synced with the base unit.

PhilipOZ wrote:

Hi have addesd the camers blinks 'blue than amber'

Any one can help me 

Thanks

Philip

Ricliasie
Aspirant
Aspirant
May know when be release the new version of arlo with audio and AC cord
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ricliasie,

I do not have any information on any future versions of Arlo. You make great suggestions though. You might consider posting them in the Arlo Idea Exchange. There are some threads open there already discussing the topics you suggest.

Regards,

JamesC

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Has anyone seen the release notes for 1.6.1_4130 ?

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

Just noticed firmware now 1.6.2_4344, anyone know whats changed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gilbo2,

The 1.6.1.4130 firmware release resolved a bug affecting a very small number of cameras that caused the camera to intermittently lose connectivity with the base station.

The 1.6.2_4344 firmware release notes are now posted: Release Notes

JamesC

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

thanks for the clarification.

BobH_TX
Initiate
Initiate

The latest posts are for 2015 and I did not see an answer to original question, is there an Arlo / Netgear site showing the current FW version for base stations and cameras. I have version 1.7.1_4638 and some comments in this string such as set option to Auto download, the option does not appear now.

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 29 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation