Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

rules not showing up

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
mature4ever
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four cameras installed but when i go to rules nothing shows up. It keep spinning for hours never showing me the rules.

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

are you working on a PC, IOS, or Android system?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

my rules were showing up, but i couldn't access the timezone window

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tom this is related to the connectivity issue we are all experiencing, if he tries back later, viola I bet he sees his rules

mature4ever
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im on an android
mature4ever
Aspirant
Aspirant
I actually deleted a rule but since then i cannot add a rule. Nothing shows up but the spinning circle as if its trying to open the settings
mature4ever
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any suggestions on getting the rules to show up?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you're on Android, you can try uninstalling the app and reinstall - that sometimes removes glitches. What happens when you use a web browser?

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi mature4ever,

I have tested this on an Android phone 5.0 Lollipop with Arlo app version 1.9.0_9413 and encountered the same problem. To fix this problem, use a computer and access your Arlo account through https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login and create a rule. Once done, you may now create and configure rules using your mobile phone or tablet (iOS and Android). I will have this problem reported and keep you posted.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

molson42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am having trouble with rules; both on the android app and desktop.  Both just load and load and load but never load.

Please help!

Chris

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried logging out and back into the Arlo servers or using a different browser? The fact that both the app and browser have issues may point to other issues such as ports needing to be opened on the router but try these first. Also, try the mobile device on cell rather than WiFi.

molson42
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tried both.  What ports specifically need to be opened?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

80 and 443 need to be open.  It could also be computer firewall or antivirus settings.

molson42
Aspirant
Aspirant

*** SOLVED ***

I had everything configured correctly; I ended up deactivating the base station, adding the same base station back, and factory resetting the base station.

Everything now works great!

Thank you for your help!

Chris

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation