Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

recording time

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
crazypaul
Follower
Follower

I no longer have the rules tab on my app or computer since the software upgrade , how do you adjust the record time ??

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/How-do-I-adjust-motion-and-sound-sensitivity/td...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Redrocr
Guide
Guide

having same problem ! we had out timer set to record for 60 seconds, and now after the update its only 14 seconds ! you can not change it anywhere !! Very frustrating !!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sure you can change it.  Mode tab, choose system, edit mode(s) and change the sensitivity/time in there.  Be sure to save on the way out.

Readbreast
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is NO SAVE BUTTON on the page where you set the length of the recordings.  You can change the length of time but you can't save the changes you make.  It goes back to the defaut 10 seconds every time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Readbreast,

On the web client, click back and then click the green Save button at the bottom of the screen. On iOS or android, click back and the save button will be in the top right hand corner of the screen. This will commit your changes to recording length. 

JamesC

Hotrod406
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hotrod406
Aspirant
Aspirant
I downloaded the new update for my phone. I cannot find how to change the length of the recording time. It went down to 14 seconds when I had it set over a minute. Also I used to be able to turn off the inside camera easily when I left my family inside. Now I can't do that anymore either. Who ever was in charge of changing this crap after we were familiar with it needs to be fired. It's not user friendly anymore.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a new interface.  Did you go to the Mode tab and edit your modes?  Time and other settings are inside each mode and rule.

Jbake211
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just recently purchased the Arlo security system and I have no options to change any recording time it is 10 seconds and that's it, please if anyone has a solution that actually works on hoe to change this I would be greatly appreciative. Also was wondering if I set up my laptop on manual record from live feed will it continue to record until I come home and stop it or will it timeout if my screen shuts off???
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to the Mode tab, select your system and edit any modes you have by using the pencil icon on the same line. All settings including recording time are in there. Be sure to look for and use the save buttons for any screen you're exiting all the way out. Some buttons are on the top, others on the bottom.

As for manually re ording, the camera will stop after 30 minutes to save the batteries. No way around it.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation