motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
vector13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have increased motion sensitivity to 90% but you have to get to 12 inches of the camera before it activates. Is sensitivity the eqivilant of distance.

also what is the difference between motion activation and all motion activation on the mode  page.  thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

vector13 wrote:

I have increased motion sensitivity to 90% but you have to get to 12 inches of the camera before it activates. Is sensitivity the eqivilant of distance.

also what is the difference between motion activation and all motion activation on the mode  page.  thanks

When set up is a good location and at a good angle, the range of the PIR for people is a max of about 20 ft.

The sensor is more likely to trigger if the subject crosses the FOV rather than straight on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

vector13 wrote:

When set up is a good location and at a good angle, the range of the PIR for people is a max of about 20 ft.

The sensor is more likely to trigger if the subject crosses the FOV rather than straight on

nngnng
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes I heard that before "The sensor is more likely to trigger if the subject crosses the FOV rather than straight on" done everything what Arlo recommend. That didn't help at all.

Go to a Category- Wire-Free Troubleshooting- Outside Recording Delay and listen to what the people are saying about the Arlo.

At this point if this is a new setup I recommend you look at a different systems like the Foscam- Lorex and etc.......Do a google search....

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Many have successfully setup their camera systems and they are working fine.

If your not satisfied with your unit, then by all means get a system that better suits your needs.

Jawebber
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just started my system up yesterday and love it. Earlier when I looked at my settings the motion was disarmed. Figured I did it accidently. Armed it again and checked a couple hours later and it was off again. Something I'm doing wrong?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jawebber wrote:
Just started my system up yesterday and love it. Earlier when I looked at my settings the motion was disarmed. Figured I did it accidently. Armed it again and checked a couple hours later and it was off again. Something I'm doing wrong?

Are you manually arming it or running a schedule  or geozone ??

also if able mention OS version and device.