Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

motion detection for my arlo outdoor camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Violet28
Follower
Follower

I am baffled why my front exterior camera which goes off at the slightest motion (due to our sensitivity setting) but did not record last night from the point our friend arrived at the door (we shook hands on the front porch) until shortly after he left about 3 hours later. We stood outside our front door for over a minute, hugging and saying goodbye, etc...it also did not record ANYTHING in between that time...it doesnt makes any sense. We live in close proximity to our neighbors and it also seems to not record our neighbor and her car coming and going, but records the neighbor one unit past her. We are beginning to wonder if there is some sort of blocker people can purchase to override cameras. Does anyone know of anything or have any thoughts? I should also add that they appear in all our other cameras, its just the front exterior, which records every car, pedestrian or lizard passing, lol.

2 REPLIES 2
simn
Aspirant
Aspirant

You will find out these cameras are hit and miss doing recording..... There will always be a lag.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots.  Note that motion is best detected across the FOV, starting at an edge.  DIstance from the camera is an issue, too, with 10-15 feet being generally the best.  Nighttime detection seems to be more limited (objects reflecting and/or emitting somewhat less IR?).  The screenshots would help the most.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation