Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

motion detection distance not working

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
theberber
Guide
Guide

I have just purchased a 2 camera WIFI external system. I'm finding that because i have them at 3m height on my house to view my front and side drive, they are not detecting motion due to the very short activation distance (6m).

The problem i have is that i am specifically monitoring my neighbours activity in using the shared drive. I cant put the cameras any closer and need to pick up a distance of 12m at diagonal.

A camera lower down is vulnerable to theft and vandalism. After spending £300 on the initial set up im really disapppointed to discover this flaw, the picture quality of the shared drive and wide angle is superb. Is there any way I can over come this? I have detection on both cameras at 100% sensitivity.

What Arlo need is a remote trigger/motion detector (not camera) that can be programmed to activate the higher cameras and can be fixed at low level distreetly. Is there any plan to produce something like this?

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots of your cameras' views to get useful suggestions.  

theberber
Guide
Guide

arlo screenshot 20.06.16.PNG

This is a screen shot of my two cameras. camera 1 - front of house. camera 2 on side of house

nngnng
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hope you kept the receipt. This is a know issues with the product. It takes between 5-15 seconds before it starts recording.......Do you really call this a security cameras ? I have done what was recommended- THAT DIDN'T WORK !!!

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

nngnng wrote:

I hope you kept the receipt. This is a know issues with the product. It takes between 5-15 seconds before it starts recording.......Do you really call this a security cameras ? I have done what was recommended- THAT DIDN'T WORK !!!

^^^^^^^^  What he/she said   ^^^^^^^^^

theberber
Guide
Guide

nngnnng - I havent got a clue what you are trying to say and it certainly isnt helpful. I have stated these cameras are for monitoring and I'm happy with that. I just need more distance to trigger them effectively.

Positive comments apprecaited, personal opinion - you can keep to yourself:

Spoiler
smileytongue:
nngnng
Apprentice
Apprentice

All i am trying to say is " THESE CAMERAS ARE JUNK" If this is working for you- Great ! Good Luck !

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

More distance will kill it even further unless the oblect is rather large in size, e.g. a car.

theberber
Guide
Guide

..KER

theberber
Guide
Guide

? is this a reply to my question, or something else?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The biggest issue I see in those screenshots is too much vector AT the camera and not enough ACROSS the field of view. While that may not be all that's happening, I'd suggest rotating the cameras much more perpendicularly to the fences/walls.

Sorry that non-useful posts were added here. Ignore them as best you can.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

....... is there a new way to flip the recodred video that I am now aware of ?  Maybe a Net Gear suggestion topic.

FWIW.  We shouldn't have to "TRICK" this system to do its basic funtions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed. A 90 degree option would be quite useful.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation