Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

mODE AND RULE question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
a0152570
Aspirant
Aspirant

have 3 cammeras (C1,C2,C3) I would like a mode / rule that trigers on motion from C1 and then record video on C1,2,&3.

I have made it trigger on C1 but succeded in capturing video on only one of the other two cameras.

Can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

a0152570 wrote:

have 3 cammeras (C1,C2,C3) I would like a mode / rule that trigers on motion from C1 and then record video on C1,2,&3.

I have made it trigger on C1 but succeded in capturing video on only one of the other two cameras.

Can this be done?

Sure, this can be done.

Create a mode or edit your existing mode, and in it create the following three rules:

1. When motion detected on Camera C1, record on camera C1.
  2. When motion detected on Camera C1, record on camera C2.
  3. When motion detected on Camera C1, record on camera C3.

Note that the Android app used to not show all recorded video clips in the library in such a one-to-many scenario. So, make sure you installed the most recent app update from a couple of days ago.

Countercheck your video library from a browser, at least there you should see all videos.

If you still cannot see video from all cameras, equip each rule with an email alert and check that a notification email gets sent to you when a motion trigger event occurs.

If that fails too, then you might have a faulty camera.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

a0152570 wrote:

Can this be done?

Sure, this can be done.

Create a mode or edit your existing mode, and in it create the following three rules:

1. When motion detected on Camera C1, record on camera C1.
  2. When motion detected on Camera C1, record on camera C2.
  3. When motion detected on Camera C1, record on camera C3.

Note that the Android app used to not show all recorded video clips in the library in such a one-to-many scenario. So, make sure you installed the most recent app update from a couple of days ago.

Countercheck your video library from a browser, at least there you should see all videos.

If you still cannot see video from all cameras, equip each rule with an email alert and check that a notification email gets sent to you when a motion trigger event occurs.

If that fails too, then you might have a faulty camera.

a0152570
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you for the answer

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation