Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

live streaming delay

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nicolaisen
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Q has a delay in live videostreaming - approximately 7 seconds and that makes it very difficult to use the microphone to take to a burglar. When i use facetime or Skype i dont have that kind of problems and i think that it should be possibly for Arlo to solve that problem. 

4 REPLIES 4
Basse2000
Aspirant
Aspirant
We got the same problem, almost 10 sec delay. Very irritating:(
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you seeing this delay when using the app or the browser (what app/browser and version are you using)? This could also be related to internet speeds, are you using your home WiFi or a 3g/4g connection, is there a difference between the two? Is the issue intermittent?

JamesC

dexydex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone figured out a solution.  I have the same problem.  Someone comes to my door, so I quickly open my app on my iPhone and the camera just circles like it is trying to connect and then says try again.  I have to wait until it comes up with the "Live" button before I can try again.  By then the person has rang the doorbell again or left.  Not very quick if you want to see who is at your door.  This happens generally everytime I launch the app and I'm on my high-speed internet at home.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dexydex,

There will be some delay when first booting the app as it gets the camera status. If you are receiving an error message after attempting to live stream the camera, this could indicate an issue with the signal between the camera and base station.

Do you have other cameras that behave this way? You might try relocating your base station so that it is closer to your camera to ensure a strong signal.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation