Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

is it possible to program Arlo cameras ?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mickh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd like to be able to have my Arlo cameras automatically turn on at night ...then turn off in the morning ?.

I feel I need the security cameras to be armed at night ..but dont feel I need them armed during the day when my family comes and goes on different  schedules...which would cause me to get many " alerts " during the day ..if they were armed?

I'd appreciate any feed back / suggestions.

Thanks,

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

There are scheduling options in the MODE menu on both the APP and via the website. You can also look into a Samsung Smartthings Hub or similar. It does integrate nicely with Arlo and offers a lot of scheduling options. 'Sun Up, Sun Down' , When I leave the house, and of course specified times. I use them in conjunction sometimes and is pretty cool.

mickh
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for the feed back...as this was simple to set up in " mode".

One other question...

is it possible to activate a sound (" chime " ?..similar like when you recieve a text msg ) to alert you when there is motion when you cameras are " armed "?

Thanks.

JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

Sure thing. Check the option for 'Push Notiication' under RULES, ARMED, Alerts. That will send you a tone and notification directly from the Arlo App to your phone.

mickh
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK Thanks..I did that under push notifications , under rules, armed..I now get the notification ...but do not  get a " tone "..any suggestion?

Thx

JohnnyFRX
Luminary
Luminary

I am going to bet that is probably more of a phone/iOS dependent setting and not an Arlo setting. Check in the notification settings on your phone and add Arlo, or check in your Apps and maybe there. It could be a setting buried someplace on your phone as well, so you may need to look at their documentation to find where/how.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation