Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
dcrewe
Initiate
Initiate

I have two arlo cameras and they capture motion and I see videos in my library sometimes...  and sometimes I can walk directly in front of the cameras or pull into my driveway with a vehicle and they do not record anything.  I have very strong wireless signal, never have wireless interruptions in the home network, have full batteries, have motion set to 'on' etc...  I looked into 'scheduling' as they seem to capture more video during hte day vs night but both cameras are set to record 24 hrs per day. 

This behaviour is very frustrating as it seems I can't trust the system.

I am considering replacing these with the FOSCAM cameras I used in my last home.

Any thoughts?  Do others have this same issue?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, others have had the same issues. But not everyone. How/where you position cameras seems to be very important and you may simply not be able to get them where you need them. This system, like any other, can't work for everyone. Trial and error is needed to get the best possible positions and if it can't be done, a different system may work better for you.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Complaints keep coming in on a weekly basis.....

Spoiler

Post I screenshot of your coverage area !!!!!!  

dcrewe
Initiate
Initiate

It seems by these responses that wifi signal is the suspected root cause.

I have full signal bars on one camera and nearly full (missing just one bar) on the other.

I don't believe it is a coverage issue.  I checked camera settings and they are both at 90% sensitivity.  If i set them any higher it will capture video (in those moments it does capture) when the wind blows.

Schedule is turned off but it does seem to only capture 6am-6pm.

Any other ideas?  I just went outside to get the newspaper and walked right in front of one camera with no response.

phyl-arn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem. If set on high sensitivity the camera records all day. Set on medium, it doesn't record all movement. Times I know there was activity, there are no recordings. All my settings are correct. Tried online chat, called support phone number, no help. They didn't understand what I was talking about. 

phyl-arn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Inconsistancies in recording have nothing to do with my wifi or where my camera is set up. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation