Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPad app interferes with background music

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
NicAU
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera doesn't have a mic, so why does it stop background music (specifically the tunein radio app) on my iPad when I open the Arlo app and view the live stream?  This usually happens when I open another app that uses sound.  Is it something to do with the amount of data used? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Should have been more clear  SW = software.

The browser, ios, and android apps were all recently updated to merge in the new coming Q CAM with ARLO to work together...

Q cam does have audio and needs the mic & speaker

I would assume it shouldn't effect the music, but due to the possible audio channel ( talk-listen ) it may be working sort of like when you use a external mic/earpiece

and taking over the use of same.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

NicAU wrote:

The camera doesn't have a mic, so why does it stop background music (specifically the tunein radio app) on my iPad when I open the Arlo app and view the live stream?  This usually happens when I open another app that uses sound.  Is it something to do with the amount of data used? 

Arlo doesn't, but the major reason for the sw upgrade is the new Q cam to be released.

The new Q cam has 2way audio.

NicAU
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac.  Sorry but what's sw..?  

I'm running arlo, not Q, so there's no reason for the app to interfere with sound on the iPad, is there? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The browser, ios, and android apps were all recently updated to merge in the new coming Q CAM with ARLO to work together...

I would assume it shouldn't effect the music, but due to the possible audio channel ( talk-listen ) it may be working sort of like when you use a external mic/earpiece

NicAU
Aspirant
Aspirant

that makes sense thanks for that 😄

TomMac wrote:

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation