Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS new App, new Camera added but no preview of last action

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Konketsu
Tutor
Tutor

I updated to the new app when it was released.  Yesterday I received a 3rd camera and added it.  Everything is okay but on the main screen it still shows a green background for the new camera instead of a screen shot of the last video action it recorded.  The original two cameras update and show the preview screen shot.  

If I push live for the new camera is starts streaming and the screen shot stays there until I leave the app, then when a load the app again it goes back to the green screen saying "Press the live button to see your new camera in action."  I have tried to resync the new camera but it still does this.  I don't want to refresh everything in case the other two cameras start to act like this. 

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Konketsu
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, after removing the batteries from the new camera, resynching and also resetting the base via the app, it appears to be working as normal.  Preview is there and updates on new motion detection.  It does seem slower than with the previous app version though.

I notice the names of the rules also changed for the older cameras to be the same format as the new camera (or the other way around).

Hopefully it keeps working and they fix some of the other bugs in this new release.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

try and reboot the base via the POWER BUTTON... the reboot is non-destructive

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Konketsu
Tutor
Tutor

Just tried the power reset on the base and this new camera is still acting like this with the green screen coming back after reloading the app.  Same reaction on my iPhone and iPad.  2 other cameras that came with the base unit are working good.

I also notice that the Pan and Zoom image doesn't update on any of the cameras now.  It still shows a photo of the initial location I mounted it, but I have moved it over a day ago.  The zoom works, but the photo it shows is not live.

I need to figure out if this is a problem with the new camera or the app. If it's the camera I need ask for an exchange.

I will try to remove the batteries from the new camera and re-sync it again.

Konketsu
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, after removing the batteries from the new camera, resynching and also resetting the base via the app, it appears to be working as normal.  Preview is there and updates on new motion detection.  It does seem slower than with the previous app version though.

I notice the names of the rules also changed for the older cameras to be the same format as the new camera (or the other way around).

Hopefully it keeps working and they fix some of the other bugs in this new release.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation