iOS app live streaming

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
kimd
Follower
Follower

I want to use my Arlo camera as a monitor of the front door.  I have an iPad running the Arlo app sitting by the front door.  I'd like to have the iPad streaming the video of one of the cameras 24/7, but it won't keep streaming.  After some time, it stops showing the live view and you have to tap the "play" button to get it to restart.  Is there a way it can stream 24/7?  Would I have more luck using the website?

Thanks,

Kim

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

snip...  I have an iPad running the Arlo app sitting by the front door.  I'd like to have the iPad streaming the video of one of the cameras 24/7, but it won't keep streaming.  After some time, it stops..... snips

The camera system was not designed to stream 24/7 and as you found out.The system was designed to shut down at 30 mins of record...  this was done to preserve the batteries in case you accidently left it streaming. You can not change this.

It seems you may be better served by leaving the motion detect on with a PUSH setting turned on. When the Ipad gets notified, you can start and review the cam live. This will help in battery life.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Hungkie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same exact issue. My Arlo camera just stream only about 1-2 minute, then it auto stop and I have to click Play again.

Is there a settings that I can change to make it stream longer to 30mins like you said ? Does it have anything to do with the Premiere upgrade plan ?

Thanks !
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't actually tried to stream full-time but a mistake yesterday had me not stop what was supposed to be a quick on/off stream.  It seemed like it stopped by itself after a minute or so but I can't be sure it wasn't a low battery that caused it. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On record the time limit is set by the slider bar in settings.... max is 120 seconds (  2 mins )

On live stream ( unless it's been changed in the newer s/w ) the max time is 29-31 mins.  At this time the camera auto shuts down. It was designed this way in case of a person forgetting it on and killing battery in a day.

( also this was tested in PC browser... so it may be just shorter in the IOS app )

Morse is faster than texting!
Mitchell77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well this camera is bs... And I jus bought this system truly not happy.. Considering the fact that my sannce system was ripped off my house police did nothing about plus they cut my internet lines.. And I go get this wireless system and I can't see any video feed.. Cameras are synced and I'm pissed off. I will be taking this back
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mitchell77,

To live stream a camera, click the play button of the desired camera on the cameras screen. Any recordings made by the camera can be found in the library. What is preventing you from seeing video feed? Are you getting an error when attempting to live stream?

JamesC

kelvincrunch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Q Wireless version a week ago and experienced "Your Device is not Connected" screen on Live Streaming everytime after 10 - 15 mins (not even 30 mins the manufacturer talked about). Then a Getting Status... white screen follows ( sometimes it just freeze there) afteward with the Live button.

A week after I decided to get a Q Plus Ethernet and see if it replicates the same issue with the camera hard wired to the Apple AirPort. I got the same result except that I paid $50 more with the SD internal storage and an option of hardwiring.

If you are looking for a true 24/7 Live Streaming or just even 30 mins, it is certainly not the system you would purchase. The only way to get around this issue is to change your 24/7 mind set and check the video only when getting the alert message.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or find out why you're getting that error.  It's not widespread so it may well be your setup.  I have no idea why this would happen but opening a case with support using the Support link above would be a good start.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation