Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
palmaj
Follower
Follower

House Front from Street.jpgSideview of Front Door.jpg

I have had trouble positioning my wireless camera, we have moved it twice.  I recently read it's best to position when the subject enters field from left/right instead of directly facing camera.  Here is a picture of my entrance, the red dot is Arlo's current position.  What suggestions do you have on the placement of me camera?  The column directly behind the flag is a post with about a 2ft space behind the column.  Any help would be appreciated.

Jen

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is it you're trying to monitor? The door or the garage or both? I'm not exactly sure how you've got the camera currently located - is it pointing out from the door or looking sideways? While there are multiple possibilities, I'd be inclined to mount it on the column so it can see both the door as well as entry from the sidewalk. If you mounted on the right side up by or on the brick/tile at the top of the stucco side, you might also be able to monitor the driveway to a degree. Use double-wides tape or whatever temporarily until you decide on a location to prevent having to drill and fill holes.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation