Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS app anomalies

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm a new user and have only had the system up and running for about 3 days, so pardon me if I'm asking questions that have been asked before.  I'm wondering if others are noticing these behaviors, or if it's just me.

1) In the iOS app, sometimes it defaults to log in with touch ID, other times it goes back to a password login.  If I touch "log in with Touch ID", it works fine, but if I just hit "login" from the home screen, the app crashes.

2) If I go live on a camera, go to full screen mode, then rotate to landscape, the image only fills up half the screen.  If I rotate it back to portrait, and then back to landscape again, it works fine the second time.  But I have to go through this exercise every time.

3) After yesterday's update, my custom mode stopped recording video, although push notifications still worked.  I tried at least three times to add record video, hitting save every time, and then going back in to check it.  It seemed to save, but then an hour later, I would check it again and record video had been turned off.

4) One camera would not connect with my Macbook Pro running safari, but then running it on iOS everything worked fine.  Then going back to my Mac, all cameras are working again.

5) Cameras randomly won't connect, then after trying once or twice again, or toggling on/off, they start working again.

Am I doing something wrong here, or are these early software rev anomalies?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What device and OS are you using.... ?

1 don:t know as my ipad is g3 and running 9.3.5 os.. can say tho don't log out as then the pushes work fine and so does beta geo-zone

2) haven't seen this

3) don't want to update yet 🙂

4) unknown

5) have seen this lately, not normal, not sure if the updates are causing or other end...yes , log out and in usu solves problem

Prob not u !

If you find others have similar issues , def put in a trouble report to Netgear.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the quick reply TomMac.

My Iphone is a 7 plus running 10.2

Macbook Pro Retina running OSX 10.12.1.

Camera firmware is 1.090.0.0_9945

Base station firmware is 1.8.2.4_10232

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I am having none of the issues you describe, using iPhone 7 on IOS 10.2.  Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?  My touch id works every time and I've never seen an issue with video orientation while rotating.  Do you have "rotation lock" enabled on your iPhone? Also, iPhone is like a computer.  It likes to be rebooted once in a while, I always recommend rebooting the device, making sure it's on the latest version of IOS and if necesary, removing and reinstalling the application.  To reboot the iPhone just hold your sleep button (the one button on the right side of the device) key until "slide to turn off" appears, turn it off.  Wait a few moments for it to power completely down and then turn it back on.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation