Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode Setup

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pallavk3
Follower
Follower

I installed 4 Arlo Pro cameras, I am trying to setup 2 cameras that are placed outside the house on Arm mode so they detect motion and send push notification 24/7, the indoor cameras need to be armed only when required. How can I setup zones so I can control arming and disarming seperately. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

pallavk3 wrote:

I installed 4 Arlo Pro cameras, I am trying to setup 2 cameras that are placed outside the house on Arm mode so they detect motion and send push notification 24/7, the indoor cameras need to be armed only when required. How can I setup zones so I can control arming and disarming seperately. 

Thanks

Don't confused zones with modes....

Arlo PRO cameras do't do zones like the Q cameras, but they will do Modes.

What you need to do is break up the default ARMED ( all on ) into two custom modes , inside and outside , so you can pick from all cams, inside cams and outside cams.

You need to CREATE a NEW MODE;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-create-a-new-mode-for-my-Arlo-Q-and-Ar...

Once you start and set up a new mode, go back and edit it to add the second camera

So, you should end up with, ARMED (all on), INSIDE (inside only ),OUTSIDE (outsie only), DISARMED ( all off )

TIPS;

Only one mode can run at a time

Any camera NOT in the active mode is off

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation