Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Arlo App 1.8.3 crashes on latest iOS version 8.4.1.. 

20 REPLIES 20
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A good first step is to uninstall and reinstall.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Thanks.. it happens randomly when playing my recorded videos from Library using my iphone for a good amount of time.. It seems working fine now.. Will continue to monitor

jguerdat wrote:

A good first step is to uninstall and reinstall.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Haven't seen any problems with the new IOS version... but then again, there are enough variables.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JPC,

Have you encountered any more issues with the updated iOS app after your reinstall?

JamesC

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

It happened again but not that often.. It happens when I'm on my Library playing my recent recorded videos and pausing it in a minute or 2 and when I scroll the screen it just kicks me out.. so i have to log back in.. Right now, since am the only one experiencing it.. I guess not really big of a deal but the bug is there.. Maybe this is a server glitch.. I dunno'.. It's something to look into if it matters..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JPC,

Thank you for the update, I have not encountered this with any of the iOS devices I have been able to test but will keep investigating the issue. If I find anything out I will be sure to let you know!

JamesC

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@JamesC

Thank You!

Jessch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can't start motion detection via the app, have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. This worked fine yesterday no new updates made. Have same versions of Arlo app and IOS as mentioned above. Any suggestions?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jessch,

Welcome to the community! We are aware of an issue that is causing a problem when using schedules and changing modes. We are working to quickly resolve the issue and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to bring a resolution as fast as possible.

JamesC

Jessch
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Thanks for the information! 🙂
//Jessch
arlopleasework
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. When you go to "position mode" it crashes

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlopleasework,

I am unable to replicate this issue. What device/iOS version are you using? Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the app market?

Consider uninstalling the Arlo app and installing fresh to further isolate the issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this behavior!

JamesC

Ghostbuster
Star
Star

My app has been crashing as well. It's a new issue that usually occurs when I'm trying to view my Library. Also some videos are unable to play. Many videos are missing. Videos go longer than the set recorded time, by up to 9 minutes at times. I haven't had to delete and reinstall the app because it does open a few minutes later. 

Davidsclifford
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1 and app crashes using position mode. Also experiencing "unable to play" when accessing live mode.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Davidsclifford,

I have tested this on an iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1 and was not able to replicate the issues you describe. Consider an uninstall and fresh installation of the Arlo app and please let me know if you continue experiencing this issue.

JamesC

RMartinez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed a new system with 4 cameras and downloaded the iphone App to my iphone 6 running iOS 9.

It crashes everytime I tried to go into "position mode".  I can see "live video" but when going to position mode it crashes everytime.

Thanks for any help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RMartinez,

Are you getting an error message or does the app just close? Does this ONLY occur when trying to enter position mode? Does this happen with position mode for any of the cameras or is it a specific camera that causes the crash?

JamesC

RMartinez
Aspirant
Aspirant

No error message, the app just closes.  It happened when I was trying to set up 2 new cameras yesterday.  Then after that I decided to just use the "live feed" function on those and the other 2 cameras in my system.  That worked fine, but the position mode made the app close.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JamesC,

I was able to test this on iOS 9.3 using a slightly different device (iPhone 5s) and the app did not crash. I will escalate the issue to engineering for further review.

If you could verify the following:

-exact iOS version (9.X)

-does this occur on both WiFi and 3g/4g

-does it occur for all cameras

You might also consider reinstalling the app to see if it still occurs afterwards. Alternatively, using the live stream feature is a great solution for positioning your camera. I am glad to hear you were able to position your cameras this way.

JamesC

RMartinez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have iOS 9.3 installed.

However, after reading your message today I went to try the other cameras and the ones that did not work yesterday and they all seem to work in position mode today without crashing/closing the App.  What can I say, it was not working yesterday, but now seems to work.  So maybe something weird happened.  I did not reinstalled the app or did anyting else to the phone (not even restart it).  Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.  I guess I do not need to bother you anymore.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation