Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, now I'm really annoyed!

Arlo cameras, worked fine when initially installed, view from desktop computer & laptop/phone worked fine.

Now, from desktop, updating cameras gives green screen - cannot see live feed.

Problem - works fine from laptop - can see live feed; problem ONLY exists from desktop.

Desktop is brand new - laptop less than a year old - both have (Windows 10 Home) and Arlo software version 2.1.0.754_12969.

Re-booting base station makes no difference; re-booting desktop no difference.

This why I HATE computers.  If the cameras have the latest firmware, and the two computers have the same operting system and same Arlo software version installed, why do they act differently?

Please help.

Chris

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Because there's an issue with the browser? Which browser are you using? Have you tried another? Is everything up to date, including OS, browser and Flash? You can try flushing the cache on the browser and also try logging out and back in of the Arlo site as well as just refreshing the page to see if that helps.

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having the same problem.

I've tried re-syncing the cameras, resetting the base station, power-off and back on the laptop (wich still will show live feeds) and desktop (that shows green screen instead of live feed).

Both laptop & desktop have same software, use same browser (firefox, but problem also exists w/MS Edge), happens to all 7 cameras, loging off Arlo brings back camera view "just now" but no live feeds.

Chris Watson

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried this with Windows 10 and FF 46.x (two slightly different versions since there was an update to install) with no issues.  What version FF are you using?  Use someone else's computer to access the site (make sure you don't save the login) to see if it still happens.

It sounds like there's an issue with your computers, perhaps a video driver issue.  Are all updates installed?  Check for hardware driver updates on the computer manufacturer's support website.  What anti-virus/malware software are you using?  There have been issues (not like your's, though) caused by certain packages.

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that was short-lived.

The green screens are back this morning when trying to go live.

Completely stumped since they went away yesterday after I updated all the old drivers.

There is one change - MS Edge no longer goes green, only happens with Firefox.  Latest FF update is current.

Any thoughts?

V/R,

Chris

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There seems to be rotating problems with the various browsers. Sometimes one works while another has issues and then it swaps. Could be the web page, could be updates to the browsers.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CKWatson,

If this is only happening on your desktop computer but not others, that indicates an issue with the browser or specifically that PC. Consider clearing your browser cache, log back in and try again.

JamesC

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

No changes after dumping all history.

No problem with desktop using MS Edge (new IE).  No problem with HP Laptop - Windows 10 Home ed, same firefox version as desktop.  Cameras have latest firmware.

Clearing ALL Firefox history makes no change if viewing with FF.  FF is latest version on desktop & Laptop,

Distance of cameras from base station makes no difference; some cameras are very close, some 50-75 feet away, some internal to home, some external to home.

Chris

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CKWatson,

Can you post a screenshot of the green screen? Do you get this issue when using Chrome as well or is it exclusively Firefox?

JamesC

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

How do I post a screen shot to this forum?  There doesn't seem to be a way to attach a document.

And I don't use Chrome & don't want to.

Chris

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

CKWatson wrote:

JamesC,

How do I post a screen shot to this forum?  There doesn't seem to be a way to attach a document.

And I don't use Chrome & don't want to.

Chris

You can post a link to the screenshot from where it exists on the Internet (Dropbox, a link from the library after you choose the share icon, or use the "mountains" icon on the toolbar here when posting a thread/reply.

Also, doesn't have to be Chrome - any other supported browser. The idea is to figure out whether it's an issue with your account, the servers or your browser.

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Green Screen.docx

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Note batteries are good (actually new), and the signal strength is strong.

Chris

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CKWatson,

Because you're not seeing the issue when using Edge, the issue must be with the the Firefox browser, not your Arlo cameras. I have not been able to replicate this using Firefox. Consider a fresh install of your Firefox browser and be sure it is fully up to date. Also be sure Flash player is enabled and fully updated.

JamesC

JLS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have read your inputs regarding the Green Screen when trying to do Live view on line.. I have 2 systems on Windows 10 and I use MS EDGE or Internet Explorer and I continually get the Green screen from each Camera on both of my systems. This is Extreemly inconveniente when It was working before your last BASE STATION update.. I Need to fix this... Soon..

Jerry Schell

schell130@comcast.net

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've gotten green screens on playback but I can usually see the video ok if I simply rewind back to the beginning.  It's as if there's a connection/streaming issue that resolves itself.

JLS
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I said it occures when trying to view Live Screen on every camera. Makes it impossible to reset the position of the camers after a battery change..

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having Green Screen problems when trying to view live feed.  Oddly enough, one of my 7 cameras occasionally does not go green, but all other always do if using my desktop computer.  It's a crap shoot if the one will show live or go green.  And yes, the firmware is the same on all 7 cameras, and they hav all been re-synced.

Fortunately I have never had it during playback, only on live view.  After going green, I logoff and immediately login again and I can at least see the updated view but still no live feed.

Occasionally my laptop will have an individual camera go green but rarely; usually going live using the laptop works really well.

Still stumped - nothing seems to change the situation - I just live with it.

I am also curious why my internal cameras occasionally record even though nothing ever shows as a triggering event.  Happens even when nobody is home, and no pets either.

Chris Watson

JLS
Aspirant
Aspirant

It Seems to me that NETGEAR Support needs to answer this one.. This has been a problem for some time now and I suspect that the last updates to the products has caused this.. I suspect that it is a time out between the Host maniframe and the response to the users application..

CKWatson
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is anecdotal information, but when a camera responds (using my laptop) it goes live quickly, say wiithin about 5 or 6 seconds.  However, a significant delay occurs when accessing from the desktop computer, say 10 or more seconds, first to a gray (almost infared look display) for a second or two and then to green.

I still don't understand why access is different from two nearly identical computers - same remote location (MD with cameras in GA) same operating system version, same browser, same local net work (although laptop is wireless connection to my local network and desktop is direct ethernet wired connection).  This just does not make ANY sense to me!

Chris Watson

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation