Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Feelsafe
Follower
Follower

I have both systems, wireless and Arlo-Q on IOS. I invited my wife as a friend and when she attempts to watch live on the wireless cameras with her iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s, she receives the following message; your arlo device appears offline, please make sure it's powered on and connected to the internet. She can watch live with the Arlo Q and my other IOS devices are able to watch live on both systems. Additionally, the batteries are new.

33 REPLIES 33
JSM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here.  Appears to be an iPhone issue.  Side by side with android and iPhone and android works fine and iPhone says camera is offline.

sabb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. 

Memcor77
Guide
Guide
I'm having the same problem. Also using an iPhone 6s, arlo app 2.0.1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider deleting the affected shared account and invite them again. Have them accept the invitation and please let me know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

Memcor77
Guide
Guide
JamesC, the account holder deleted me and added me back and I still get the same results on the iPhone app. Every few seconds it says that the other account cameras are off line. This is only happening on the iPhone app and not the website.
Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had the same problem. I ended up giving them admin rights too and it worked
ArloUser456
Initiate
Initiate

+1 re it is related to admin rights.  Shouldn't have to make everyone an admin, but that is the only way it works atm.

Memcor77
Guide
Guide
And if the account owner does not give you admin rights then you are out of luck. It started when they did the iOS app update 2.0.1
scrytch
Star
Star
My wife is experiencing the exact same issue. I tried removing her account from Arlo and re-adding her. Tried logging out of the app on her iPhone. Tried deleting and reinstalling the app on her iPhone. Only thing that worked is giving her admin rights. This is not good enough. Netgear please fix this ASAP.
Bflola
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like other people on this post, I too an having problems with the app on friend's iPhone 4 saying camera is offline while I, as account admin, am able to view live feed. I have not tried giving the friend admin privileges, but am posting this to let Netgear know there are others with this problem.

I just bought the Arlo wireless yesterday and hooked it up successfully around 5 pm. It set up easily and I was able to view live feed. The friend joined around 5:45 pm and was also able to view live feed. The app started reporting that the camera was offline around 1 am for both of us (on iPhone 4 and iPad).  I troubleshooted router and camera and could not get app to show that camera was online. When I, as admin, logged in via Internet on PC the camera suddenly came back online.  I was able to view live feed on PC and then logged back into app on iPhone and iPad and have been receiving live feed on both in the 2 hours since.  However, the friend's app on iPhone continued to show camera is offline. I had the friend log onto Internet website via PC and friend was able to view live feed.  However when friend logs back onto app on iPhone, app says camera is offline. 

Please fix fix the app!  I would like to use this system to monitor my elderly mother. It is a safety concern. I will have to buy a different brand of camera very soon if the app isn't working.

philroy1
Initiate
Initiate

I too am having the exact same issue.  Please advise NETGEAR

Lvm2003
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have six cameras and I paid for the six to show and for some reason only five of mine show up. I contacted customer service and the arlo guys on Facebook and this far, no luck. Please advise.... Why won't all six of my cameras show up and why does it show basic plan even after I paid for premier. It has been several weeks and no support or help has come from arlo. I do have a case number but it hasn't helped me at all either. Please advise.
arlodownunder
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same issue when my wife tries to view the camera feeds on her iPhone after adding her as a viewer. The issue has been ongoing for weeks, where is the fix? Not appropriate to have to add everyone you want to view your feeds as an ADMIN! Cmon Netgear!

cigarwolf
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same problem for access granted friends. In "Cameras" the green screen that says: " Your Arlo device appears offiline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the internet." Basically, this product is not working for friends at this time.
livewire713
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem using my pc. One minute all my cameras are working fine then the all go green with the message that Im not connected to the internet. I have to reboot my basestation to get my cameras back and liveview working again. This just started happening back a week or so.

livewire713
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ive had to reboot my basestation twice today. I did it through my web browser but all my camers show up with the green window stating I'm not connected to my router? If its not connected to my router how am I rebooting it through my browser? Once I do that I get all my camers back. Is my basestation messed up? I have 5 cameras and my system isn't that old. Anyone else having this problem?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the person the base. I'll wager they're all green since you can obviously talk to the base for the reboot. Try a power cycle via the power switch. Also, use the app and see if it's doing the same thing. If the app is OK, try a different browser. If that's OK, try flushing the cache on the first one.

Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hey Netgear, I have the regular Arlos and the Arlo Q. I turned off admin rights to my friend and all Arlos went offline but the Arlo Q. Only way to get the wireless Arlos back online is to give admin rights-then they all came online immediately. Please fix this bug. You just released an update to the app last week, why not get this in that release? Rediculous to have to give friends admin rights to share cameras.

Z
rmellet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also haveing the same issue with my Iphone6S.

My husband who has the main account, can see everything from his phone, but me as a guest on my phone tells me my

"Your Arlo device appears off line" 

Keyrain
Guide
Guide
Same here. This is obviously a bug, pls fix!
Keyrain
Guide
Guide
Rebooted the system, deleted & got added back as another user, uninstalled/reinstalled the app after a month, same problem persists from my iphone 6 app. This is obviously a very frustrating app problem. Pls check.
Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok it's been close to two months since this started happening, Netgear when do you plan to fix this??!!!
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear,

Since this issue was reported, you've performed a release of your app. Here's the latest changelog:

International language support for the new Arlo Q camera - German, Japanese, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish

General bug fixes, including:
• Fixed media playback interruptions when new media was added to the library
• Updated defaults when creating Arlo Q rule – audio and email alerts default selected now
• Added user confirmation when deleting custom modes
• Last modified date on the camera widget updates after a live stream completes

I'm happy that you're making progress twiddling defaults and internationalizing your app, but would you consider reprioritizing your work to hit an occasional highlight, like making a core feature of your entire product offering (watching. live.) work for guest users?

kurtk
Star
Star

Same issue here. Arlo Q, iPhone 6S+. Camera still works as it uploads video, but app says offline so I can't change any settings or use live view.