Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Wireless Arlo can't detect an entire car moving in front of it? Really?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
williadw1955
Star
Star

I have read all the messages here about motion detection.... but

It is strange. Sometimes they work fine.

Other times, I could walk into my house and not get recorded at all.. and it is side to side recording.

Today my daughter opened up the garage door, pulled her car in... closed the garage door, got out of her car and THEN my wireless Arlo decided to tun on and capture her walking around the car.

The garage door takes up almost 50% of the top view and her car, the right 50% of the view when it is in the garage.

You would think it would detect a car! .. or the huge garage door opening up on front of it.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can, i would try and increase the sense level on the camera.... you want it to the point you  get a bunch of false triggers then move a point down at a time so it works well.

Don't forget the PIR triggers off IR so sunlight and reflection  ( diff times of day ) can also make a difference.

Also, one of the biggest problems I see is users trying to cover to large an area and with the PIR, they end up with to many triggers or not enough.

Here is a video of what I think is an almost prefect setup.... small area and tho the normal delay, the person is just entering the picture as the recording starts.;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Caught-in-the-Act-Videos/Amazon-package-thief-caught-in-the-act/m-p...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation