Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Windows phone application

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Brownhousehold
Follower
Follower

Hi support,

I have recently purchased two arlo wireless cameras and base station and I am happy with them.  To the point I have just ordered an arlo q, which I will be adding shortly.

i use an iPad and the PC to view my streams.  I was wondering if there are plans to bring about a Windows Phone version of the mobile application applications.  I use a Lumia 950xl.  I know Windows phones are not too popular, but it seems to me that it should be relatively simple to enable and you would have almost all bases covered.

could you please let me know if there are any plans at all?

Thanks and keep up the good work, it's a great solution,

Brownhousehold

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brownhousehold,

I don't have any information currently on the future release of a windows mobile app. I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and contribute to one of the threads there on this topic by giving it kudos.

JamesC

Lisalef
Initiate
Initiate

Seriously NO WINDOWS PHONE SUPPORT, We can't even use the browser on our windows phone WTF  for 5 bills I would assume you would give us at lease the ability to use from the browser, for cripes sake this is a hook and real  the box said browser supory and so did the sales rep.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use a browser in your phone - lots of replies in various threads here about how to do it.

Connect to https://arlo.netgear.com and set your browser to use the desktop version through the browser's menu. Exactly how to access this as well as the exact wording depends on the browser.

With Windows Phone at something around 1% of the market and dropping, it's unlikely that app authors will be bothering.  You may be able to do something with IFTTT - if there's Windows Phone support for that.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation