Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
wcoyne
Initiate
Initiate

When will a windows Phone App be available?

25 REPLIES 25
laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @wcoyne ,

We have the Windows phone on our roadmap and hope to have it available soon. There is no ETA at this moment, but you can always check http://arlo.com and the Community for any updates. Be sure to kudo the current idea posted in the Idea Exchange! Arlo App for Windows Smart Phones 

Lauren - Arlo Team

deanRR
Initiate
Initiate

i cannot use my windows phone to monitor my cameras .... there is not a flash player that works ... there is no windows phone application.  please if I am wrong, help me out.

you have to be kidding me .

this is a huge oversight.  I run a technology  company.  love my Windows phone.

this is what happens when a hardware company has to do software.

DeanRR

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

deanRR wrote:

i cannot use my windows phone to monitor my cameras .... there is not a flash player that works ... there is no windows phone application.  please if I am wrong, help me out.

you have to be kidding me .

No windows phone app yet....

But rather than complain, put a request in at https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

if there already, then give kudos.  More kudos, more chance of it coming to fruition

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AndrewG
Initiate
Initiate

This really looks like a great product, but without Windows phone support it's only a half solution for me.

Another feature that would be great is to be able to select which cloud storage provider to save to. i.e OneDrive, Dropbrox, GoogleDrive etc.

mikes2nd
Initiate
Initiate

Yep I am waiting for the windows phone/Windows 10 app.

Glad to see these guys are aware of apps for this new thing called "windows 10" and are on the job 🙂

GUdsFortapelse
Initiate
Initiate

any closer to reaching an ETA on deployment of a Windows 10 app? Starting to lose hope over here...

janciownik
Initiate
Initiate

Hello everyone...

In my opinion, it's a joke... big great company, great product, and no windows phone support ?? I think that the board are really idiots...

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

janicownik,

We understand your frustration. The development are working hard on improving and enhancing features of our Arlo system. There is a current thread in our Arlo Idea Exchange forum regarding an Arlo App for their Windows phone. I suggest for you to leave a comment or Kudos the post.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
asgardmike
Initiate
Initiate

Not having a Windows phone app yet certainly isn't very impressive,given the time Netgear has had to come up with it -- a shame given that the rest of the Arlo setup is so very good.  I can only get e-mail notifications right now, and they're not reliable; they suddenly stopped for a couple of days last week, though they've started again since. I'm prepared to wait for the Windows app, but not forever. I haven't yet bought the extra cameras I would have otherwise, because I might even have to get in another system entirely, even if it's less good. I'm sure others feel the same. So why lose business over something so minor?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

asgardmike,

Welcome to the community! I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post/kudo the existing threads concerning Windows app support. While I do not have any information on when/if a Windows app will be made available, supporting the idea will help facilitate the addition of a Windows app.

Regards,

JamesC

lws
Initiate
Initiate
I understand you do not have a windows phone app for arlo, but why do you force windows phone users to a app page? Why can't I use a browser from mu phone to view my home security?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can. You just have to tell the browser to use the desktop version of the site. I'm not familiar with Windows phones so I don't know about the default browser but Chrome has a setting in the menu for this and Firefox can have an add-on that always sends the desktop identifier.

AndrewG
Initiate
Initiate

I think that is because MS changed the user agent string for the windows phone browser to the same as the iphone.  As a result when you go the website on you phone, the website redirects you to the Apple app store to install the App. 

feloidea
Initiate
Initiate

Im minimum it should be possible to enter the website same as desktop. But becsuse of the useMobile-page it is not possible to login. Can you please mention an url to login to Desktop-Version without going trough the useMoble-page THANKS!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, set the browser to request the desktop version. That varies according to browser but would be a menu item for the browser. You might try Firefox or Chrome since I know those work.

wintercoder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning.

We have the need for 75+ of the Arlo devices for roughly 35 of our locations... for the purpose of ad-hoc security monitoring and special events.  Our corporate standard is Windows Phone 8.1/10.0 (over 1500 lines of service with our provider.)

I will post a request on the other suggested board... but I do have to emphasize that there are audiences out there that without a Windows Phone native app, the purchase will never happen.

Lisalef
Initiate
Initiate

Abd nwo we can't even use the Browser seriously I am about to return this and I just bought it fo over 5 bills serious a 500 dollar system that we can't access with a windows phone!!!!!!

AndrewG wrote:

This really looks like a great product, but without Windows phone support it's only a half solution for me.

Another feature that would be great is to be able to select which cloud storage provider to save to. i.e OneDrive, Dropbrox, GoogleDrive etc.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lisalef wrote:

Abd nwo we can't even use the Browser seriously I am about to return this and I just bought it fo over 5 bills serious a 500 dollar system that we can't access with a windows phone!!!!!!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3035100/phones/android-leads-and-windows-phone-fades-in-gartners-smar...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lisalef,

While there is not currently a mobile app supported for Windows, you should be able to access some functionality from the web browser on your phone. What issue are you having accessing the browser from your mobile device?

JamesC

MPCCR5
Aspirant
Aspirant

the problem with the using the browser is Arlo is using Adobe which is insecure they should be using HDML5 which is now being supported on all Windows therefore it can't be viewed

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of a browser without Flash works mostly fine. Live view won't work and, I think, Pan and Zoom.  Everything else should work.

I agree that HTML5 should be implemented ASAP, especially with an active zero day attack without a patch yet.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sbellisario,

We are integrating with a partner who has a Windows mobile app. An announcement will be made once testing is complete.

JamesC

sbellisario
Star
Star

too late, I switched to Blink Wireless Home Security