Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
thaweatherman
Star
Star

I have read on multiple news sites now that Netgear will be releasing smart alerts later this year, similar to what Nest already does. Will the original cameras have access to this feature as well, or is that only a feature for the Arlo Pro? Also, will Arlo Q get this feature?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

thaweatherman wrote:

I have read on multiple news sites now that Netgear will be releasing smart alerts later this year, similar to what Nest already does. Will the original cameras have access to this feature as well, or is that only a feature for the Arlo Pro? Also, will Arlo Q get this feature?

good question....

I would take a guess it ( the smart alerts ) would be processed in the Base unit... so I would think it would be only in the NEW PRO models ( also due to the tech specs that they did a firmware update on the PRO PIRs ( there are now 2 units ) )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also have this question. Will the AI alerts work with a Pro base and older cameras? On the fence, possible updating Base & 1 camera or just one camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature is in the early stages of development. More information will be available when it is closer to being released.

JamesC

thaweatherman
Star
Star

Thanks for the response @JamesC. I just want to clarify that you're referring to the feature specific to the original cameras, or if you just mean the feature in general.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

thaweatherman,

I mean the Smart Alerts feature in general. For more information, see here: What is Arlo Smart and how do I benefit from it?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation