Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why won't my cameras record?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
innanyc
Follower
Follower

Same here. Everything is set to work. I don't try to save the battery life and set everything to full capacity - 100% motion sensitivity, armed 24/7.  Base station plugged in directly to cable modem, so signal strengh is maximum.

Have you noticed there is no real response from ARLO stuff? They only explain how to do the setup which everyone participating in this forum already did,.

I am considering switching to wired cameras because I really cannot find reliable wireless alternative anywhere. Any recommendations? Truly, I gave up the hope to have Arlo work. $250 sunk cost for two cameras.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

innanyc,

Camera position can be a factor in motion detection performance. It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

We may be able to offer more feedback if you were to post a screenshot from the affected cameras point of view. This could help determine why your cameras may not be detecting as expected.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation