Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
psteingr
Follower
Follower

I just got a Arlo set up on the front door of my house. It is 8 feet high and pointed down at my door/driveway. The street or sidewalk is not even in the viewing angle and it picks up motion when someone drives by... WHY?? First of all I thought these only pick up motion a max of 30 feet. The street is at least 50 feet from the camera. Second it sometimes doesnt pick up my own car driving into the drieway/garage but it picks up cars driving in the street and like i said my camera isnt even pointed at the street at all. You literally cant see the street at the cameras angle. I dont understand... and for the price its quite fusteration to have a camera picking up cars driving in the street but not pulling into my driveway. I have got 3 alerts just while typing this email... 

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/E543AF592D32F9E7_201609

Notice on the top right you can see the car driveby. We all know the camera doesnt start recording right away it has a 3+ second delay so it picks up the motion in front of my house then you can see the car passing down the street about 400 feet away.

I cant angle the camera down anymore. Sensitivity is on 80 and i dont want to go lower since it doesnt even pick up my own car driving into the driveway...

HELP?!?! 

2 REPLIES 2
RussJack
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly! I have the same identical problems. I tried for three weeks to make adjustments. How can they get away selling this as a system? Net gear is no where tobecontacted to answer these problems
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You shared link has expired... they last only 24 hours.

Can only answer as best as possible... The Arlo PIR seems to be more sensitive on the edges of the device. So placement is very critial to get good triggers AND avoid the roadway.  I myself had to move my camera 3 times before I was happy with the response results.

In some other threads, users have even covered part of the PIR or created hoods to assist with beter response. Also as mention many times, cross traffic is easier to pick up than straight on.

As to the angle down of the camera, the half ball mount does have a limiting range, but there are other threaded mounts that allow full range of motion

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation