Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
marymichael
Follower
Follower

I have had trouble with my camera ever since I changed the batteries.  I used to get just one text msg that told me Arlo Just Detected Motion. now I get that message & then a secondary message that is below.  I have no idea what the second text is but it always comes in right after the first text that I have always gotten.  Anyone else have this problem?

IMG_0267.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ok, that's a new one. I would try 2 things. 

1- open the camera battery door for about 10 seconds. Close the door and let it sync back to the base. 

2- Go into the camera settings and delete the phone number you have associated for the text notification. Hit SAVE. Than go back into settings and re- enter the phone number. HIT SAVE. 

As you probably know the Arlo system has no natural provision to notify by text. You are actually using a work around to get a text instead of a push notification. Make sure you are entering the text number extension as per your carriers instructions. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not the camera....

Just looks like a SMS messg was created from an EMAIL address.... ATT has a problem with extra htmlo charactors not being stripped out so the messg looks garbled

For ATT:

1234567890@txt.att.net stopped working.  you have to use this format: ( and it still lets extra charactors thru )

1234567890@mms.att.net.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

That's compatibility issue for mobile..That's internal coming from Arlo.. You can't do anything about it.. Netgear needs to fix it or come out a mobile version.. It's not so much from ATT's end coz' that's just the Address sending the Alert Msg and it's done its job..Now, with the layout of that Msg is from Arlo... For some reason it's throwing the extra code of html/css layout under "Msg"..

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I'm not sure what JPC is trying to say...but texting with HTML is apparently fine with some carriers...but not ATT.

I disabled the texting when Arlo fixed the Android Notifications via the app, but prior to that I lived with those nasty messages as well.

I had requested Netgear create a special "txt/sms" address option in the email notification settings, which would not use HTML like their emails....but of course...no enhancement arrived.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

StuBee wrote:

I'm not sure what JPC is trying to say...but texting with HTML is apparently fine with some carriers...but not ATT.

I tested on my Tmobile iPhone and it's giving me "Attachment.html" under Msg. instead of html/css code like At&t.. Yes, it's a lot cleaner than At&t coz' there's no error code but it doesn't mean it's all good... When I clicked on the Attachment.html, all I got was just a bunch of code and addresses.. Some people may consider this fine for as long as they get the text notification and not seeing the error code.. but the reality of it really is it still needs fixing and improvement for all carriers and make it compatible..

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

The annoying part is it should be a simple fix on their backend.  Just allow 'text only' notifications.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I agree with you.. I dunno' what's holding them not to do it.. Maybe Netgear is concerned that customers may end up getting charges on text in some areas?? 

M106191
Tutor
Tutor
Netgear engineers are the type that do not listen and think anyone who reports a problem is a "one off" situation.. Or that's how they act.. I called them yesterday about the delay in the camera recording which they basically tried to tell me they fixed with a camera update.., we all know that's not true.. and now I am Also having the text html tags being sent to my AT&T phone. Until they actively listen to their customers they will never be a world class company.,
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation