Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
zmoney
Aspirant
Aspirant
On one of my cameras I am able to view the video from my email alert link, but the same video does not show up in the video library. The camera video count increases but shows no videos available when I click on it.. Help greatly appreciated. This started after the update. I have selted all rules and modes and still no success.
20 REPLIES 20
lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

During the update on Monday any videos the cameras were recording did not make it to your library.  It was part of the very flawed update process. 

zmoney
Aspirant
Aspirant
So after deleting all precious videos for that specific camera, and doing a manual record, new videos are now appearing in the libray
lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
I liked your suggestion and tried it. I deleted ALL of my videos. Then I triggered motion that would cause all 3 cameras to record. All 3 cameras display a "1" next to them now. When I look at the android app library, only the video from camera 2 is there. On the desktop app, all 3 videos are there. If I record a video manually all 3 show up. It's only when 3 cameras record at the same time that the android app will only show 1 video.
zmoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah... Looks like my initial thought was wrong.  I'm still having the same problems as you.  I have a rule setup to record on both if motion is detected on either.  On my app, only the one camera video shows up, but on the web I can see all vidoes.  Very frusturation to say the least..  Even updated the phone app this morning, but all that did was put the battery indicator back on the camera view, no fix for the library...

lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
Same problems persist for me after the upgrade. But now I getting a prompt to update my software every time I log in. I'm generally not unhappy with the direction the product is going. However, not being able to review videos from my mobile app is unacceptable. If this was the case when I purchased the system, I would have returned it as defective. However, the defect did not exist until the mobile app was updated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You CAN see videos from the app.  What's happening for you?  What platform and app version? Have you tried reinstalling the app?  How about logging out and back in? Try WiFi vs 3/4G.  Seems to be specific to your device, not the app.

lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
Fwiw, I've got a ticket open with Arlo support on this issue. They were able to reproduce the issue on their equipment and it's getting sent to tier 2. They were very helpful and collaborative.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, logged out, logged in, deleted all videos, manually recorded videos. Nothing changes the issues.

Stand alone videos are fine - motion based or manual. Videos that are recorded at the same moment, eg, motion on camera 1 records camera 1, 2 and 3, do not show up on the android app. It's as if they are a stack of pancakes and you can only see the top pancake. If you delete the top one, the second shows up. This only happens on the mobile app.

If anyone's having the same problem, PM me and I can give you my ticket # with support. It might help to make the issue more visible to the development team.
zmoney
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for submitting a ticket. I'll PM you di cr we're both having the same issue.
rolltidefan
Tutor
Tutor

Did this ever get fixed?  I'm having the same problem on my Android App.  I just set up my 2nd camera today and the new video feeds aren't showing up in the app.  I can view them online though.

lumpyheatpad
Star
Star

Nope!  Not fixed. I was informed it was still being reviewed by engineering but I haven't had an update on the issue in over a week.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I just started seeing this on my setup.  I am missing two hours worth of videos in my library, as accessed through the web app.  These videos can be seen through the email link, but not in my library through the web app.  The rule for these recordings was made this morning, so maybe that is related?  There was even one snapshot I made manually through live view that is also missing.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Update:  The two hours of missing videos are also not retrievable using the python scripts.  Yet, using the email links, they still work.  This is rather annoying since I need to download them, but it seems to be impossible, and I expect the email links to expire soon.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just out of curiosity, compare the download URLs between the email and script. How similar are they?

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The video links look like this: https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX where "XXX..." looks like a random hexadecimal number.

The script links look like this:

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/login

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have discovered a workaround for videos that have email links but are not visible in the library.  With the Chrome browser, go to the video using the email link.  Hit the "play" button.  While it is playing, right click anywhere in the video window and choose "save video as" and pick a location to download the video to.  It will be named in the same way that the normally downloaded videos are from the web library ([epoch time].mp4).

I managed to recover 53 video clips this way just now.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Update:  The videos finally showed up in my library 12 hours after they were recorded.  Very odd, considering that the other camera recordings showed up pretty much immediately.  Anyway, I am glad they are back.

Garyf601
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have any of u got this resolved? I have same issue this week after working perfect since February. No help from customer service yet, act like it is a new problem just with me but obviously not.
Cvondruska
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having this issue now. Manually triggered video appear in my library but auto captured are not. I don't see any proper fix either, as I appears to be app related.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and browser. You can try reinstalling the app or logging out and back in on either.  Sometimes flushing the cache for each helps.  For the app, it's in the phone settings for apps, choose Arlo and flush the cache but not data.  For the browser, it's in the browser settings which varies from browser to browser.  ALso try a different browser.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation