Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Version 2.0.0 doesn't support all smartphones

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kuodruk
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

I cannot download the new version. It seems that mi phone is not supported any more. iPhone 3GS (version 6.1.6).

The old one, version 1.8.5 was working fine.

Any solutions? Or i have to consider, add also a new phone to my system?

Looking foward for a serious respond.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No an Arlo rep but a serious response nonetheless.  All software vendors stop supporting older hardware/OSes at some point.  Yes, it's a PITA and may require some upgrade or other hoops to be jumped through to accomplish what used to be easy.  

You should still be able to use a browser to access most of the functionality on the phone.  The thing that you'll have to change to make that work, however, would be to make a browser setting change for the Arlo site to use the desktop version of the site.  How to make that change depends on the browser but look in the browser settings for something like "use desktop version" which will cause the browser to identify itself as something other than a mobile version.  Chrome has this capability in case you can't set it on what you have available.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The browser won't work on a smartphone because Flash is required.  As has been noted many times, if the web interface used HTML 5, then there would be far fewer compatibility issues with "unsupported" app hardware.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree with you but much of the browser interface works on a mobile device without Flash.  Live View is the primary issue needing Flash but settings and library viewing works without Flash support.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation