Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
xXBlackAtlasXx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the VMS3430-100NAS and was wondering what do I need to do to setup local video storage on my NAS. I have tried to hook up two different file servers to my base station using the 2 usb-ports on the back, but I dont know where to go in the setting to see if it is working properly. Before I puchased the Arlo system it stated that this can be done however it really only talked about the other base station. Can someone please help? 

Thanks, 

Gregory Lewis 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First , if you are running the original Arlo base  from the model given , ( flat front , leans bit a bit back ) the USB ports are non-funtional.

They were put there for future option but never followed thru.

Second, the Pro and Pro2 base units ( more rounded units, flat top ) have functional usb ports but they will not support any method other than a speed stick or a  usb hd ( max size of 2 TB ) that is formated in FAT32.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
xXBlackAtlasXx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have the orginal base station. I didnt think I would use the extra features that was the Pro version was offering. So the only option I have is to upgrade the base station. 

So the ports are wired up, but its more of a software limitation that is preventing them from being functional? Actually after rereading your response I dont think either would work for me. Both of my devices are powered seperately and only use the USB connection for data. This is extremely sad. This was a selling feature for me.

joey1mesa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, i really need quick replies if possible pleasse, please.   will an external usb hard drive (not a stick) record 24/7 coverage?  If so, do you know what 24 hour record period uses in space? (gb)   Can anytype of audio, movement, or 24 hour footage (if possible) then be transfered to a PC hard drive from the usb Hard drive for long term storage?  im permanently disabled and cannot afford the 24/7 plans through arlo.  so hopeing to record continually if possible.. if not then what will the usb hard drive allow me to do? connect it to a computer to view it/ play back or throuh a usb port on my television?  I have an opportuity to buy a one or three camera pro system from HSN today but really need to understand full functionality of storage.  Lastly, can i use the four battery charger with batteries for the pro system?  HSN also sells a backup set of batteries with charger for $49.99 and the info states: Works with Arlo Wire-Free HD Security Cameras. Compatible with Arlo camera model VMC3030 and related Arlo systems.  3.7V RVR123A Li-ion rechargeable batteries.  oh, one more thing, are the magnet mounts dependable and secure? Tahnk you , Thank you!. I appreciate all and any help everyone,  thank you,  Joe in Mesa, AZ

ssankar1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I connect a 4TB disk, will it use as a 2TB disk or it will not function unless a 2TB or less disk has to be connected?

Thanks

dugmaz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have ethe Original Base Station and i fully expected the USB ports to be operational for local back up! Arlo really wont give us a hardware/software update to make the ports functional??

@TomMac wrote:

First , if you are running the original Arlo base  from the model given , ( flat front , leans bit a bit back ) the USB ports are non-funtional.

They were put there for future option but never followed thru.

Second, the Pro and Pro2 base units ( more rounded units, flat top ) have functional usb ports but they will not support any method other than a speed stick or a  usb hd ( max size of 2 TB ) that is formated in FAT32.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation